So you want to hot-shot? (Will be updated/edited frequently)

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by HOTSHOTTER432, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Dave01

Dave01 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Hello all! New to the forum here. I’m wondering if anyone can tell me what the market has been like recently in finding loads for a hotshot rig? I’m interested in knowing how both the volume and rates have been. Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I only been doing this since 08 and have not seen volume or rates any better. Of course 08 big dip in the economy and Big DIP in the WH in 08 also.

4. Dave01

Dave01 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2018
    I’m a little confused. Do you mean that you haven’t seen rates or loads available get any better since you started in 08 or that they’re better now than they’ve been since you started?

5. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I am sorry if my post was not clear. The economy was very bad in 2008 ( there was a financial crisis ) Then a Educated Fool running the Economy.

6. Dave01

Dave01 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Ok, thank you. I’m debatig how long to wait before jumping in. Part of me wants to stack some more cash because I know the failure rate is very high for new trucking businesses. But, part of me also thinks I should dive in ASAP while the economy is still on an upward trend and get my feet wet. Tough choices.

7. IwannaBeAHotshotter

IwannaBeAHotshotter Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    I’m hoping to become a hotshotter hence my screen name lol. I’m in North Carolina and I’m starting from scratch. I just purchased a 2017 f350 dually. Been doing tons of research, I have the money ready to buy a trailer, I plan on possibly buying a 35+5 flat bed and a 3 car wedge.

So far I’ve written a list of the things I’ve read up on and what all I’ll need to start.

Now my question is, is there a list I can find of all things in order that I’ll need to get the ball rolling? Or is anyone in nc willing to help guide me through the process of getting compliant? I’m willing to pay for the knowledge. Would love to find a list of all of the things I’ll need so I can check them off as there completed. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Justincollinscj@yahoo.com

If anyone has time to contact me directly.

Thanks again!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  8. ltlmore

ltlmore Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Dayton, Ohio
    This forum (ltlhotshot) has complete equipment list. It is a old forum but most everything still applies. The forum we are on now (truckers report) is newer & more active. If you dig around on here you can probably find a list as well.

piston188 and flatbedcarrier Thank this.
  9. IwannaBeAHotshotter

IwannaBeAHotshotter Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Thanks I’ll check those out

10. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    Yeah Watch out for the guy that runs that forum, He’s big old meanie. Lol .

11. namelessend

namelessend Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2018
    I would advise on a 40FT Flatdeck, I got a 36FT and Ive had loads denied cause of lack of trailer space.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.