solo miles with trainers ?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by gonnabe, Jan 15, 2009.

1. gonnabe

gonnabe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2008
    HAMMOND INDIANA
    Hey looking for some info on the set up of running with a mentor/trainer after school. I am scheduled to start with Swift on the 26th and was wondering if after you get your cdl and go otr with trainer how are the miles logged? I being new was wondering if it is like team driving, always on the move or is it more a one on one with it going under the trainers miles. Forgot to ask the recuiter and thought this would be the place to ask!!
    #2 I also was accepted for a march 9 class with millis, but we are talking two more months before a paycheck, which i assume from all reasearch will be more than swift, yet swift seems to be large enough to handle not only the economy but a serious newbie as myself.. any thoughts???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    At first, you should not be running as a team. You will log the miles you drive, and your trainer will log the miles they drive. By the end of your training, you should be running similar to a team.

4. ship71021

ship71021 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Louisiana
    I agree. Starting off you should not be driving as a team. So many trainers are concerned about making money off of the students and the students get the short end of the stick. That's how I run it.

5. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    My trainer sat with me for the 1st couple of weeks, then started taking naps. My drive time went on my log. By the 4th week, he was kicking me outta the seat 'cause he was "bored".

Wyldfyur Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.