Somali Pirates seize Americans and ship

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Sounds like the pirates are having a bit of trouble on this one. The ship gets taken back by the crew, and the captain manages to escape, even if only for a brief time. Next time he may completely succeed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    I am still trying to figure out why we didn't have some Seals under the Life boat just in case this did happen. This whole ordeal tics me off. Seems to me we should of had him back by now!

4. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    According to the Fox news, (not to do with me) there have been either 120 or 130 highjackings THIS YEAR, but we're hearing about this one because it's on of ours. The original picture is wrong: the one on the news showed the boat all the way down to the low water paint, which would indicate a LOADED ship, and easier to board.
    There seems to be a standard issue directive for crews to just allow weaponed highjackers to take over and to focus on getting away, but there is puzzlement as to why this particular crew fought back.
    Talons of the Eagle. Now, as WiseGuy said: where are those Seals?

5. Mrs T

Mrs T Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2008
    planet earth
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

This technology is pretty standard fitted to cars in South Africa, becuase of the high number of attacks and kidnappings there.
    I'm sure it could be modified and fitted to cargo ships!
    Even if used as a warning when other boats approach, I'm guessing it would be a darn good deterrent!

Big Duker Thanks this.
  6. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    US ships block help for pirates holding US captain
    4/11/09

7. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    Mrs T: the flamethrower cars backfired: the thugs got wise and just started shooting the occupants, someone posted here.

8. Wiseguywireless

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Another American vessel has now been attacked by Pirates!
    Does it seem Ironic that since our country has not taken a quick effective action against the first attack that Now our ships will be open targets!

Big Don and Red Fox Thank this.
  9. wwfd1220

wwfd1220 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Whitewater, Wisconsin

why do you think none of this happened during the bush regime (although bush failed in many other areas of the presidency). had this happened during the bush era, we probably would not have heard about it until the captain was safe and sound in some port... but the way this is being dealt with, is typical liberal policy.... remember the uss cole and what happened in somalia during the clinton administration. and also the 1993 attacks on the trade center. that was the best part of the bush era... i never had to worry about waking up and reading this stuff on the internet. i wonder what ronald regan would have done, had this happened on his watch ???

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  10. Wiseguywireless

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    When President Reagan was in office, I was in the military. First thing that would of happened as we approached the Life boat, is there would of been a team in the water under the boat. There would be snipers with their sites trained on each port hole of the boat, and If the Hostage had jumped ship when we approached, There would of been no more pirates there!

GuysLady and Red Fox Thank this.
  11. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Standoff Negotiations Break Down as Navy Fears Pirates Reaching Land

4/12/09

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.