Some input please, Roehl VS Schneider

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jrobichaud8676, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Jrobichaud8676

Jrobichaud8676 Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2018
    Morning looking for some input. I have my class B for 20 years now been hauling propane around locally. I’ve decided to get my class A. At this point I have two offers on the table run from Schneider and one from roehl.

Both companies are offering me to get my class a with training of course if I quit within a year I have to pay for It.

Each program will have me tied up for a month. Roehl will pay me 500 a week while training. Then 90 a day when out with a trainer. Roehl is only offering dry van opportunities on my area at the moment at .33cpm out 11-14 days then home for 3-4 days

Schneider is unpaid until I start orientation then it’s 80 a day till training is over. They are offering regional dry van in my area M-F I believe the daily rate was close to 180.

Put all the money aside and even the hometime schedule.

My question is from those who are out there who will I do better with on the long run as a company driver. Who has proven to have better equipment treat drivers better etc....

My goal is do this for a year get some miles and experience under my belt and when the year is over purchasing my own truck and become in O/O

Any insight would be great. Good and bad on each company.

Thanks
    Josh

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    O/O after a year? If you have that kind of money saved up already, just pay your own way through CDL school and avoid the contracts.

And if you don't have 10s of thousands set back, now is a good time to rethink your plan, or at least your time frame, to becoming an owner.

20% down on a new truck is roughly $30k. Going used? Then you probably won't have a warranty and an engine rebuild will set you back $30k as well.

A saying that seems to hold true more often than not these days is .....

The easiest way to become a millionaire in this business, is to start with 2 million.

stwik, Fuelinmyveins and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location? Shop around a little more and make comparisons.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.