Some numbers for new O/O

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by DUNE-T, Aug 23, 2018.

1. ready2truck

ready2truck Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2020
    do you or did you run the spot market then and now?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. macher

macher Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2020
    His CPM is $1.44 PM without paying himself. For me which is why I’m taking my time I would want to be no more than $1 CPM with buying a truck outright. Which is a big difference.

4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Break out your numbers with a dollar a mile total cost.

5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Just celebrated on Jan 5th of being in business since 2008. Yes, I do lots of spot market work both as a carrier and a broker.

Coffey and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  6. OTRTruckStomper

OTRTruckStomper Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
    when that happens and it will i will just return the rental and become a company driver again. this is the main reason i rent so im not stuck with a very large paper weight that cost 3000 a month with insur

7. OTRTruckStomper

Jul 1, 2018
    Dont be rude.
    I wish Mom/Dad, hell anybody would pay all my personal expenses and let him drive their car I am sick of paying for everything
    (that was a pun just for you)

MARRIED 19 YEARS FATHER OF 3 WE HAVE 2 DOGS AND 1 CAT AND NOBODY PAYS MY BILLS BUT ME AND MY WIFE.
    My mom been gone know for 8 years and my dad died when i was 33 that was 20 years ago.

I take out for all exspences every week tax,fuel,mis---- what is left over is mine. you run yours your way and i will run mine my way. Like i said this is working for me.

(((If you don’t have true profit then how are you supposed to ever get ahead or weather bad times?)))
    when the rates and fuel go up and they will. i will just return the rental and get a company job. with no dept. I am not going to WEATHER anything.

YOU SOUND MAD THAT IM MAKEING MONEY?????????????

WannaGoTrucks2016 and mladen86 Thank this.
  8. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I apologize if you have taken offense. I was talking about the long game. If you are only interested in the short term then keep on keepin on brother. I wasn’t necessarily speaking exactly on you anyway, more in general.

Again, I meant no offense. Good on you for taking care of your family. Take care.

9. OTRTruckStomper

Jul 1, 2018
    it is all OK Midwest trucker i was in a mood that day lol

Coffey and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  10. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Both of ours came from texas. The 99 never left Texas or saw any salt before we got it. Local wrecker company bought it 1st (tri axle) and the 2nd owner pulled a dump bucket. Rust is a royal pain and anything older that lived up here is 9 times out of 10 too far gone. I'd rather deal with mechanical issues than rot. Sooner or later it's gonna need a trans/rears, the drivers weren't exactly easy on the driveline but with only 500k on it there's a lot of life left in the motor. Uses no oil and practically zero blow by. Had a valve bridge let loose a few months ago and we ended up putting a rear head on it. While we had it opened up everything else looked great

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd bet the house she never left Texas until we got it

Paid 26.5 some would say we over paid but imo it was worth it for how spotless it was for 22 years old. Can't ask for a better base to start with.

Coffey, tommymonza, Eldiablo and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    It was painted over here and there, little touch ups but if you zoom in you can see there's no pitting in the metal or anything

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.