Some numbers for new O/O

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by DUNE-T, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Trucker186

Trucker186 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2019
    So you mean what they have said and done means nothing learning from them and seeing success means 0 ??? Screw this I'm done. Anytime I say what I have seen and what works and works well I'm always wrong even though I'm not an owner open YET I can still learn just by simply watching. One boss had to pull a deer for hours out of trailer tires and axles after it got hit and caught in there did he take it and get it done no or what about when the u joints were going he brought a truck gave it to use and took the other home and fixed it. He didn't take the trucks to Pete very much unless it was EMS repair. He rebuilt a wrecked truck from the ground up with nothing but a small shop he couldn't fit a rig into . That truck is in my profile picture. The sleeper and cab were torn from the frame when the accident happens but he rebuilt it and rebuilt on his own.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    While you say some good things, you can't be taken seriously, because you have not experienced that yourself. You basically look like any other guy from the so called "truck stop lunch counter" who knows it all.

KB3MMX, Bean Jr. and 062 Thank this.
  4. Trucker186

Jan 29, 2019
    Don't know it all but I know some.

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I am not arguing that, you sure learn a lot just by working in trucking. I also completely agree that owning a truck and wrenching yourself is the best way to go. However majority of the o/o out there don't know how to do that, so they have to pay for repairs.

Coffey, KB3MMX, Bean Jr. and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. Trucker186

Jan 29, 2019
    Even an old dog can learn new tricks on old trucks and too YouTube is very helpful on most repairs.I have repaired a lot of cars like that. Meaning any owner op can learn about his engine and truck and repair it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Exact same thing as an ELD - electronic on board recorder.

Coffey Thanks this.
  8. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    BTW, how old are you?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  9. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Lol that's what i was thinking too :D

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  10. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    On small stuff, yes. If you are an owner, though, you likely don't have time. Having someone do the big repairs on your rig instead of you buying tools you don't have in a shop you don't have and spending time you don't have makes better financial sense sometimes. Time is money.

Owners have a hell of a lot else to do with that time while that big repair is being done. Office work that never ends, planning with and serving your customers, shopping for the best rates on insurance, fuel cards and things like that, filing IFTA taxes, dealing with drug testing/consortiums/etc., running all over town for parts, invoicing customers, cleaning and maintaining your truck and trailer(s), driving halfway across the state sometimes to do things like IRP, IFTA, 2290's, etc. etc. etc. and maybe, just maybe, getting the yard mowed before dark.

Coffey, KB3MMX, Bean Jr. and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    oh my......LOL

Coffey, rollin coal and KB3MMX Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.