Some of you guys are making it hard.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by RubberDuck473, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    That's just the camera they put up there to fool you. There are three other driver-facing cameras that are all hidden! :D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    This looks about like my list too. I'm also considering Danny Herman, one of the drivers on here was nice enough to answer questions about them and they seem like a good company too. Strangely enough the only bad thing that I can think about with Danny Herman is that I would miss driving in the Upper Midwest, even with their brutal winters lol.

I saw Chinatown reply to a post today about Schuster, they look like another good one too.

What I like about FCC is that I was thinking of maybe moving to either OKC or to Sioux Falls, and if I moved to either one of those I could one day get on a regional account for either the Midwest or the Southwest Region.

I'm really grateful for this site, a lot of these companies I wouldn't have even thought of if it wouldn't have been for this forum.

4. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    :) If so, then that would be considered illegal? I would think so. It’s one thing to record what I do while driving, if I know it’s there. If I don’t know it’s there, I would think it’s like recording someone in like a fitting room. Illegal.

JohnBoy and Zangief Thank this.
  5. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    It wouldn't surprise me.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

The absolute sheer driving force of our national economy - without truck drivers, our entire national economy would come to an absolute standstill - if not outright be dead.
    [​IMG]
    Over the mountains, through the woods, into the valleys, coast to coast, from sea to shining sea - truck drivers can and do go anywhere and everywhere, every day, every night, all year round.

Zangief and RebelChick Thank this.
  6. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    FCC has my vote, I drove for and was leased on to them for four years. They are hands down the best company I have driven for in over 26 years. I left only because I could make more money as an O/O right now on a percentage contract. If they had a percentage program for O/O I would still be there.

You can’t beat their maintenance program on the equipment, and the family atmosphere they have.

7. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Danny Herman Trucking - Operating Areas

Vic Firth and BeHereNow97 Thank this.
  8. BeHereNow97

Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah I looked at that but the thing about Danny Herman is they have forced fueling solutions. Meaning you can't choose which route you want to take, as long as it's reasonable. You have to follow their route 100% of the time unless bad weather conditions occur.

For example I was looking at their routes and one of them is Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Fontana, CA. So if you got a load like that, you could take:

1. I-90 dip down to I-80 then I-15

2. I-80 to I-15

3. I-55 to I-44 to I-40

All of those are reasonable routes within 100 miles of each other. I just assumed they would have you take the 3rd option but I don't know. @Dockbumper in cases like this could you request a different route if it was within reason and not weather related? If not, how often do you get to run I-80 and I-90?

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  9. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    The company don't want you running I-80 chitshow in the winter. That's why they route you on option 3. Also as far as I read here Danny Herman also haul some light loads. It would be a fustercluck in WY wind tunnel.

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  10. RubberDuck473

RubberDuck473 Light Load Member

May 2, 2021
    Texas
    I love hearing things like this, even if it makes my decision more difficult lol.

Magnum has familiarity and no ny/east coast in their favor, but they don't do the southwest, and are stuck at 64mph (not that 64mph is a bad thing, but it does get old on longer runs).

I like Holland because they're also a smaller company that seems to have a great family atmosphere, and I enjoy driving more than I do sitting at a dock (who doesn't? Lol). Plus I miss the "red and brown" mountains of the desert southwest, even if it means I have to deal with the *seemingly* miserable east coast.

FCC has the same feel, from what I've read of your FCC post, which is what I'm used to after driving for Magnum for almost 3 years and to a point Kelle's Transport (before ol' Dick Simon sold out and retired lol).

All 3 seem to be of the "here's your load info, call us if you need us" ilk, and let you do your thing. Which is one of the best perks you can offer a driver, imho.

I just the other day got my permit back, but have to wait just over another month before I can take my road test and get my cdl back (unless I can find a way to squeeze one in with a walk-in appointment sooner than that), so I've got some time to call everyone up and throw a bunch of random questions at them and make a final decision.

I appreciate your response to this post, and all of your other posts. You have been quite informative. As has everyone else who has posted and replied. Can't wait to get back on the road!

11. BeHereNow97

Sep 15, 2020
    How many miles were you getting a week on average at Magnum and how long did you stay out for/go home for during hometime?

It said on another thread here that Holland's trucks are governed 65 MPH - 68 MPH. So, you might get a 65 MPH truck with them too. FCC is governed at 68 MPH though, which is nice. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm remembering this right.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.