Southern Refrigerated Transport Driver Dies In Truck No Help

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by NJKatwoman, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    You guys really need to see how the other half of the world works.

We had an annual meeting where the representatives came to our home office. One of them died in his motel room.

The company paid for the wife to fly out and secured the personal effects. Also paid for the motel room for the extra time for the body to be removed and the personal effects to be retrieved. They paid for the wife and her motel room.

You really think they would treat and office staff like this?

Time to teach them a lesson on the ethical treatment of employees.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Does'nt matter the cost,the point is almost every company out there does this and treats drivers lower then dirt,literally.Had this been someone higher up,SRT would have helped that person in a second.But trk drivers,let them find a way to get the drivers remains home.We are treated as (It's JUST A DRIVER)attitude and we let it happen.Im glad that family had the support of friends and outsiders to get the driver home and all his belongings.Im going to have to visit Facebook.

mje and x#1 Thank this.
  4. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Read what I said again. I am not defending their demand for payment.

I agree, as I said earlier. Its the moral thing to do. But its still not the companies responsibility to see that it gets done.

It is not now, nor has it ever been the responsibility of any, let me repeat, ANY employer to see that the remains of a deceased worker is returned to the family. That is the sole responsibility of the FAMILY. So think of me what you will.

I agree, the cost is not relevant.
    Its the fact that so many want to push off on others what is their responsibility to take care of.
    Transportation of the remains of this driver is not the perview of the company. Its the right thing to do, but not their moral obligation to see that it gets done.

Coastline and mje Thank this.
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    if the company doesn't have the morailty to support there passed away employees. that's there discretion to be an A wipe, i guess.

but not tellhing the GF where he was. when they knew exactly where he was. and spending 12 hours of new mexico's finest to look for him.

as for the person asking who woulda taken that driver home on our own dime.

I WOULDA LAID HIM ON THE TOP DECK AND TARPED HIM. FOR HIS FINAL JOURNEY.

then i'd invited ALL truckers to SRT'S main location for a beer and trashing party.

6. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Better watch that company.

Probably try to collect the truck and charge them for it.

Hammer166 and mje Thank this.
  7. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007

Haul with a sign explaining it in full for a convoy to their facility.

mje Thanks this.
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
  9. brandileah81

brandileah81 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Mr. White took a ride to California before going home that is why it took 15 days. You can see all about his trip on trucker charity facebook page.

mje Thanks this.
  10. NJKatwoman

NJKatwoman Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hearing about this infuriated me so much that I filed a report with RipOffReport.com, I also Tweeted it out, and blasted SRT on their FB wall. Also, sharing it multiple times on my own wall in FB. We drivers sure don't seem to get much of anything anymore, but we CAN demand the respect that we are so long overdue for by ensuring that we receive our "final ride home" from our companies. Let's SHAME SRT and other trucking companies into changing their policies!

x#1, Roadmedic, drvrtech77 and 6 others Thank this.
  11. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Don't forget who owns SRT. They should get them too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.