Spain to France

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by Brian9, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Brian9

Brian9 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2009
    London
    Hi,
    I'm trying to figure out what the best route from Valencia (in a 40ft Artic) up to Paris is, is it via Irun or via La Jonquera? I see there's also a crossing at Piugcerda near Andorra, does anyone know if this is an ok crossing to do in an Artic?
    Also, can anyone recommend a good website to calculate toll charges for my route?
    Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mrs T

Mrs T Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2008
    planet earth
    I have a friend who runs London Madrid a lot, if you give me a few days I can find out his route, and you can adapt it.

4. Continental Keith

Continental Keith Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Salisbury, Wiltshire.
    Hi,
    From Valencia, I would head for Truel, then Zarragoza, then up to Tarragona, then up to the border at Irun. Straight up the forrest road to Bordoux, Paris is probebly signposted from there.
    I used to do that route back in the 1980's and it was good then. It's probebly even better now.

Good luck.

5. Continental Keith

Continental Keith Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Salisbury, Wiltshire.
    SORRY,
    I meant to have sead Pampalona, then up to Irun, NOT Tarragona.
    Sorry, but it comes with age.

6. spanish_trucker

spanish_trucker Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2012
    barcelona , spain
    Valencia / paris : the best route is Valencia - highway AP7 (Castellon , Tarragona , Barcelona , Girona , La Jonquera ) into france the same highway (now A9 le catalane) Perpignan , narbonne . In narbonne take the highway A75 to millau - paris

Puigcerda is bad road with truck but you can for bourg- madame, puymorens - ax les termes - foix but the best a faster route is for highway via la barcelona - la jonquera

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.