SPD or Central Oregon Truck....

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by negativecold13, Jan 15, 2024.

1. negativecold13

negativecold13 Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Gilmer, Texas
    Well, looking like one of these two company's, not sure. I have a few more I want to research before making final decision. I will be out of the Boise, Idaho area. Any opinions or advice, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bumper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. negativecold13

Jan 25, 2014
    Gilmer, Texas
  4. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Think both companies are dasaeke and tfi out of canada is trying to get approval to buy them

Bumper and Oxbow Thank this.
  5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Where do you want to run? How often do you want to be home? There are options around Boise that would get you home on the weekends if you’re interested in that kind of thing.

6. negativecold13

Jan 25, 2014
    Gilmer, Texas
    Weekends home would be good if the money is good and it's 48 hours, not just your typical 34 reset.

tramm01 Thanks this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Arlo Lott
    Gary Amoth
    Dave Suitter

They all run maxi flats and curtains. Not sure about pay as I’ve never worked for them, just a lot of years working alongside them. Central Oregon also runs a maxi fleet but I’m not sure about their hometime. I know they go Canada a lot.

tramm01 and negativecold13 Thank this.
  8. negativecold13

Jan 25, 2014
    Gilmer, Texas
    Central Oregon is 5 days/month(you can roll over 2 days/month) and SPD is 4.5/(you can bank up to 12) month. Central Oregons pay is slightly higher and I can move over to quad axle fleet, and be home for 48 hours on weekends. I have always liked the freight and trucks at SPD. I really would prefer stepdeck or eventually RGN. Bored to death with van and reefer.
    I will definitely check out those companys, and while hometime is important, I have some financial goals for the next few years.

9. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    You will see a more variety of freight at spd. If you want to pull other types of open trailers or oversize spd is the only option. Cotc is pretty much legal flatbed work only.

both places you’re going to tarp a lot. Cotc is a lot closer to a mega company then spd, I think cotc is nearly 4 times the size of spd.

I’ve been at spd 9 years and I’m relatively happy. It’s not what it was a few years ago but it’s still a lot better then most places.

Winnyf1, Bumper and negativecold13 Thank this.
  10. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    What base rate did spd offer you? Keep in mind spd has a lot more assessorial pay then cotc, and spd has yearly raises for the first 10 years. My base rate was .64 last year but with od pay and bonuses my actual rate was right at a dollar per mile. Most won’t see that here but od pay can add up quick, especially if you move up in the company.

FYI spd’s official hometime policy is 1.5 days per week out, up to 12. It’s not strictly inforced though.

Bumper and negativecold13 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.