Speak up panther

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by rumandcoke123, Mar 10, 2008.

1. rumandcoke123

rumandcoke123 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    everywhere, usa
    I am kind of eager to hear about this company. Good and bad. Owner ops and company fleet drivers. Cargo vans and straight trucks. Hope to hear from others on this forum :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimF

JimF "If you got it, flaunt it"

Jan 29, 2008
    Salisbury NC
    Panther II is expediter company, so not much info here. Do a web search for 'Expediter Online', you'll find news and forum site for expediters much like this one.

4. mjf1959

mjf1959 Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Port Huron, Michigan
    Sir
    I have a question if you don't mind. In JAN I had a a fender bender in DC. Very minor. It was not put on y driving record but I cannot get a job because panther says it was a hit and run. How can they do that, and how can I fix it.
    I a 49 years old, very new to trucking and I havenot had an accident or ticket in 22 years.
    Thank you. marshall

5. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I assume you have a police report saying it was not a hit and run
    Send a rebuttal to your DAC
    Hire an attorney to have it removed

6. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    In the recent issue of LandLine magazine, there is a advertisement from a lawyer that specializes in fixing DAC, check that out..

7. marinedriver

marinedriver Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Salem, OR
    I have seen a Panther II trailer parked out on US 79 in north Stewart County a couple times recently. So someone here in Stewart County drives for them. Hopefully they read this forum and will answer questions about this company. :biggrin_25517:

8. t2000isx

t2000isx Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2008
    North Charleston, SC
    they are no different than FEDex short trucks....we looked into them before we went owner.

Less miles, more money. i think as a company driver you start off .44 cents and 53 foot driver is .55 cents.

They dont own their trucks either, they have fleet owners. Call them and a recruiter can give you all this info.

We averaged 5500 miles as company drivers and she said their average team does 3500 - 4000 miles a week, when added up it was a pay cut to us.

9. xzoomed66

xzoomed66 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2008
    bucyrus ohio
    I dorve for contractor threw panther there are NO!! company drivers only contractors . my pay broke down to .77 cents per mile but beware of owners that wont pay you . panther says its between owner and driver and wont do any thing about it .:biggrin_25512:

10. OTRlightly

OTRlightly Bobtail Member

May 21, 2008
    Ft Worth, Texas
    Do not ever use Road Law in helping you get a ticket taken care of.
    It cost me more then $1,000 to get one taken care of by them. They totally messed everything up. It was suppose to be taken off completely and that has been a few years and the thing is still there. There were two 1 for speeding and the other for no registration on the trl. Somehow it came off in route to delivery. It took them over a year to take care of it, never called me to let me know what was going on. I had to call them and even then I got the run around. Told me at one point they didn't know what I was talking about. I had to finally send them a copy of the court records just to get them to do something. Oh, I also had my license suspended because of them too. Someone else started to pay the ticket I got (who knows how that happened) I can only imagine. Anyway after the person started paying on their own ticket mine went unpaid, and which should have never had anything paid on it anyway. I had an attorney on it through these people. It was so frustrating and costly, I would not recommend anyone to use them.
    I would not advise using them at all!!!!!!!!!! By the way last Fri I finally called the dmv and had them fix what was wrong. Sometimes that is the best way of taking care of things yourself.

11. truckdriver402

truckdriver402 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Orwell, OH
    Yes Panther is an expedited company. Yes, you do have to run for a fleet owner, or own your own truck. Like another poster said here, you DO have to watch the owner you drive for. I drove for a decent owner, as far as pay went, but they didn't like us being home. At all. We stayed out for 12 weeks or more, and went home. They called us on the second day back saying they wanted us back out.

As for miles, my wife and I made good money at Panther. The dispatchers are great. Rick in the "Transition Team" was awesome, too. Rick's help was always awesome.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.