Speeding ticket / misdemeanors for cdl jobs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MileMaker719, Mar 10, 2018.

1. MileMaker719

MileMaker719 Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Ok yeah I’ve actually been wanting to do that I was just under the impression that I had to pay a lawyer a crazy retainer to do it for me ?? And as far as the 3 speeding tickets your thinking I’m ok there as well ??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    It's best to pull your 6 year driving record and see what's actually on there, but if they aren't too recent or you haven't been cited for exhibition of speed, reckless driving, street racing or DUI/DWI, you should be fine.

You can usually go online to your Court's website and find out how to expunge your record and the requirements.

You can fill out and print the forms online and take them to your local Courthouse.

You will need to explain why you want your record expunged and what you have done to become a contribution to society.

You need to serve the City Attorney with them and then file them with the Court Clerk.

It will be presented to the Judge at a future court date, and you may or may not have to appear in Court.

Most Courthouses have a Self Help Center where they can answer your questions and help you fill out the forms too.

You may have to pay a filing fee, but it'll be worth it.

You do not need to pay an attorney to do what you can do yourself.

That's the basic scenario on how to dismiss, expunge, or seal your records.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    MileMaker719 Thanks this.
  4. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Wow that’s awesome I am very grateful for the info !! And I will definitely e doing this ASAP .. and yeah one of the speeding tickets was one your ago and that’s the one that was dropped to defective headlamp and then the other two were about 2 1/2 years ago at this point but that’s a good idea I might as well just pull my MVR .. But from what it sounds like the consensus seems to be I’m not waisting my money by starting my CDL school on Monday and that I have a fair shot at making this work ??

boneebone Thanks this.
  5. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Get a copy of your MVR and whatever is on there, put that on job applications.
    Many drivers from Colorado Springs go to Careers Worldwide cdl school.
    Either way, get your MVR and start submitting job application right now; don't wait.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Concerning criminal history, answer the questions honestly, but don't give information that isn't asked for. For example, if the question asked about arrest within the last 5 years, don't list one that was 10 years ago.

7. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Ok I’ll definitely do that then for sure and yeah I was going to go to ustds but read allot of bad reviews and then came upon Springs truck driving school only bad thing is he only does cash upfront but allot of really really good reviews from this place should I look into the careers worldwide one though instead ?? I’ve not even seen that one come up in my searches ?

8. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I never list any of my arrests they never come back to get me. They are also really old and along the same lines as yours. No one cares.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    As long as the school is at least 160 hours, you'll be ok.
    Careers Worldwide has connections with some companies that will pay the tuition if you agree to work for them 12 months. You don't have to do that though, pay yourself then choose the company you want.
    Springs is probably ok also and if it's 160 hrs. and more convenient for you, strongly consider it. They probably have job placement assistance also, but you can also get some trucking company names right here on this website.
    Check these trucking companies:
    Navajo Express - Denver
    Freymiller - www.drive4freymiller.com
    Butler Transport - www.driveforbutler.com
    W.W. Transport - Denver (Commerce City)

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    W.W. Transport Inc. (Submit an online app. then follow up with a personal visit and see what happens)
    We have an immediate opening for a regional/OTR Class A CDL Truck Driver to haul bulk food grade flour.
    Benefits
    • Drivers paid 25% of the load.(AVG $.48/mile) Gross $1200-1600 weekly
    • Out 4-7 days in a row
    • Health, dental, life insurance, short/long term disability, AFLAC
    • 401K with company match
    • Vacation/holiday/years of service bonus pay
    • Flex Plan. $1,000.00 Safety incentive pay.
    • We also have a passenger program and PrePass+
    Requirements
    • Must have a Class A CDL License
    • Good driving record. (this is subjective; your record is ok for many companies)
    Join the leaders in specialized freight today!
    Apply at wwtransportinc.com or call for more info!
    Job Type: Full-time
    [​IMG][​IMG]

country293 and MileMaker719 Thank this.
  11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Western Express hired me out of school back in the day. I had a speeding ticket that wasn't a year old. Mine was 17 mph over the speed limit. Of course the experienced ones know how Western is

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.