Speeding tickets in my personal vehicle! Should I fight It?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bolt Thrower, Apr 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2019
    And no I don't think it's a big deal. i recall numerous times driving for Schneider with a max speed of 63 miles per hour and watching peterbilts haul ### by me and keeping up with mustangs and Camaros on the freeway. They're doing that crap in a CMV and I was in a my own personal vehicle

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    You is real smart.
    @Ridgeline may know if your company’s insurance will even insure you with a 22 over ticket.

G13Tomcat, misterG and Lepton1 Thank this.
  4. Bolt Thrower

Mar 29, 2019
    Technically there is no 22 over the speed limit cuz I haven't plead to nothing. Innocent until proven guilty.

5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    But there will be because you said you weren’t going to fight it.
    You will have a 22 over ticket on your record and will be almost unhireable.

misterG, roshea and Puppage Thank this.
  6. Bolt Thrower

Mar 29, 2019
    after doing extensive research over the past couple days I think y'all are mistaken.I came here hoping somebody had experienced this. It clearly states with FMCSA and state law of Georgia that Alabama cannot report to the state of Georgia any ticket violations unless my license is suspended due to me not paying the ticket

7. Bolt Thrower

Mar 29, 2019
    And you stated that I would be unhireable... let's see I just got hired on with a company doing 28 over the speed limit from 2017. I was actually doing 132 miles per hour in my mustang trying to get a family member to the hospital that was having a heart attack. The jerk officer gave me a ticket anyways and acted like he was doing me a favor by not saying I was doing a 132. at the time I didn't care I just paid the ticket and plead nolo where I got no points on my record I had no intentions of getting my CDL license in the future with that ticket on my record I was able to get hired by Schneider and another major carrier

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  8. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    You are right about it not being on your record yet but if you don't report it to the company and you don't fight it and they find out about it you most likely will be history. You are confusing suspension versus company policy.

G13Tomcat, roshea and Lepton1 Thank this.
  9. Bolt Thrower

Mar 29, 2019
    How are they going to find out about it when my state does not cooperate with other states pertaining to points and traffic violation records?

10. TankerYankr

TankerYankr Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Central US
    Why is everyone arguing with someone is either a troll or keyboard Rambo, who just wants to argue?

If in the slightest chance that there is any truth to the story, very shortly he will way to busy asking if you want fries with your burger, or saying "welcome to Walmart", that we won't hear from him again.

G13Tomcat, peterd, disoba and 7 others Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    After careful thought, there is nothing I can do to help the OP. Anything I have to say which is essentially a repeat of many positions taken here is a waste of time. Particularly in light of increasing stories of greater speeding and disregard for the concept that the OP will face economic losses on these citations if he does not make a absolute decision to stop speeding period. There is no helping until that happens.

The CDL is Federal. Therefore anything that's on it is going to be visible across the USA and also at the Canada Border if a crossing is attempted int he future.

misterG, roshea, Lepton1 and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.