Speeding tickets not showing on mvr

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Evox760, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Evox760

Evox760 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2017
    I received a speeding ticket going 22mph over 6 months ago (I know stupid).

I payed the ticket in full the first day in full at the court clerk window.

I pulled my 3 and 5 year MVR report yesterday and there's no record of the speeding ticket so I went as far as calling the court house I payed the money to and they themselves have no record of it.

Should I even mention it on my applications?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Nope it's your lucky day. Before trucking I got caught racing on the street. Cop was real cool. Wrote me and a buddy a exhibition of speed. Traffic misdemeanor. Told us the day of the court date is the day he's going hunting. Was gonna be mad if we fought it. Went to court they said no record or ticket was turned in. Clerk said basically it's your lucky day. Ticket never showed up. So needless to say I learned my lesson. This means your lucky don't do it again. Speeding tickets ruin getting the best jobs in trucking.

Evox760 Thanks this.
  4. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree with Radman, but I am a CYA kind gal so when you start to send out your applications, run it again just to make sure some clerk at the DMV didn't just find it and put it on your MVR.

Evox760 Thanks this.
  5. Evox760

Apr 28, 2017

I plan on it up to the day I leave for orientation.
    Is the dmv mvr the only thing way they can find out?

6. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    If a previous employer terminated you due to the ticket, then that might be on your DAC and it might be on the employment verification that all employers are required to to for any driving job. (Three years of employment history of driving jobs, but no non-driving jobs.) Two more mights, I know, not what you wanted to see. If it appears latter, they -may- terminate you for falsifying your application, and their insurance company will have a hissy. There is the down side, now go fake it with your best smile.

Evox760 Thanks this.
  7. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    What state are you from? Some states have certain provisions where if you get a ticket and remain ticket free for 90 to 180 days, that ticket would not go on MVR.

8. Evox760

Apr 28, 2017
    Arizona

9. Evox760

Apr 28, 2017

No cdl yet and no I was just driving to the bank when I was pulled over and I plan on going in there with the biggest smile lol

And do you know anyway of it ever showing up someday on my record? And if it does and get terminated will this effect going with another company

10. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Depending on the local court, all they may want is your money for the ticket and could care less about the MVR

11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Your speeding ticket is on your record you're not going to get off that easy If a company you drive for finds out about the ticket you'll not only get fired but will have to pay for your transportation home.I would call the clerk of courts and ask her how long it takes before it hits your MVR.

94coupe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.