Spending bill passed today affects truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Skydivedavec, Dec 10, 2014.

1. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    As of today, it still has to be voted on. Then, if it passes, it goes to the president. If it passes, you won't need the 2 periods of 1am to 5am during your restarts and you can do more than one a week. Just like it was before the rule changes.

Skydivedavec and Mr.X Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skydivedavec

Skydivedavec Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic
    Got it. And apparently the House vote is tomorrow. Fingers crossed here. Thanks all. Sorry for the alarms, I just get excited when I see any sign of potential progress with such idiotic mandates.

Mr.X Thanks this.
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    I wonder what all other kinds of crap is attached to this? Read a little about it in June, but nothing showing the whole deal.

Skydivedavec Thanks this.
  5. Skydivedavec

Skydivedavec Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic
    You wouldn't believe all that comes with it. CNN brushed over it, Washington Post a little more in depth. It's just crazy.

Mr.X Thanks this.
  6. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Well as long as the elementary school children still get to eat lunch everyday, Im all for it, lol.

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Zero, nada, nicht... absolutely nothing has changed except a bill containing provisions to roll back the HOS changes to the 34-hour restart has been approved by the House Appropriations Committee.

THAT CHANGES NOTHING.

The bill still has to be passed by the House and Senate in the same form, and be signed by the President... which only directs the FMCSA to roll this stuff back until a study on this stuff has been completed. That is a ton of stuff that has to happen before any temporary changes to the current HOS rules actually happens.

Sorry guys... nothing has changed.

Skydivedavec and miss elvee Thank this.
  8. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    As much crap and angst this whole 34 thing has caused ever since it came about, I am almost persuaded that it ought to be done away with and we just recap like we always did before this came about. Of all the HOS stuff I have seen over the years, the 34 thing has caused more confusion, got more folks into trouble, and generally been a real mine field. It has caused more special interest group meddling and more government pile on that anything else in the HOS game.

Skydivedavec and barnmonkey Thank this.
  9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    too bad it's only a 9 month deal that ends in september.

another thing i noticed, is a form of the dodd bill that stops banks from doing what th ey did to cause the recession. will be removed and banks will be allowed to start the practice back up.

and this jst in. THE HOUSE PASSED THE BILL.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  10. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Don't forget the order of magnitude increase in legal bribes for your bought-off Congressperson.

:biggrin_25516:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.