Spit in soap dispenser at Flying J

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by lilillill, Nov 21, 2009.

1. slabrunner

slabrunner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    You shouldn't walk barefooted on the shower floors. Flip-flops a must. Bring your own soap. I cut my hair close and just use bar soap to wash. Most of the truckstops I've been in do a pretty good job cleaning up the shower rooms. I kind of like the old truckstops like the one on 301 where 304 crosses in Centreville, MD.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    slabrunner, you've got to be kidding me. And don't worry, its not just you, i hear the same things from lots of people.

Why do you think that flip flops protect you from anything? Bacteria and germs can swim. Did you also use a towel to turn the shower on? There arent germs and bacteria there?

I walk barefooted in showers for these reasons plus the fact that I used to go outside barefoot all the time. However, I have had a few times where the shower floor felt "greasy" like there was excessive soap residue on it. Gross feeling, but meh...its SOAP.

As far as soap, I have problems with my toothbrush getting moldy, let alone bar soap. :/

Old truckstops seem to have the least clean showers. I went to sugar creek truckstop in...I forgot what town, but it was in NY near the canadian border on i-81. I asked to take a shower. Normally wouldnt shower somewhere like that but i needed one badly and it was NY. I felt like i walked into someones bathroom in a house, LOL. Had two showers and they obviously werent being cleaned after every use. They didnt seem dirty or anything, but it was obvious that they werent cleaning them after every use like they ought to.

I prefer places that tell you to leave your towels in the shower. Then they have to atleast inspect them after every use. ;)

4. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Funny thing about them old truck stops... The place at exit 14 on 135 in Wichita, don't use those showers. They never clean them, EVER. The SUPER 8 motel next door has 2 shower rooms, very clean. They Clean them after EVERY use. I have my own soap and shampoo, foot cream, and towels. Can't trust them truck stop towels.

slabrunner Thanks this.
  5. slabrunner

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    phroziac, yeah, maybe you're right. Who knows? To each his own. Fungus is what I don't want to get in my feet. As far as germs go if you don't have any sores or skin breaks then they're not such a problem. I like to get a shower before I sleep so I'll use about any shower stall. I just wear a pair of sports sandals in there and don't wear socks until I get back to the truck. Those paper mats for the floor are kinda useless, but whatever. Mold on your soap? Never seen that, or on my toothbrush. The old truckstops aren't all grungy though and they have character. Only thing I don't like is that I fuel at the majors so that's where I get the free shower. At the old ts's I've had a shower for five bucks though so they're generally cheaper.

6. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Seems like the ridiculously soapy floor would kill the fungus. LOL. I used to wear flip flops to shower until i decided on my opinion as stated above. Never gotten a fungus.

I never used the paper mats either. Or toilet seat covers. It's paper. STuff goes through paper.

Maybe i should brush my teeth more. I've never carried bar soap with me, i used to keep liquid body wash with me all the time but was having issues with the brand i like leaking.

Most old or independant truckstops i go to have questionable showers. Hehehehe.

The new Fort Wayne Truck Plaza friggin assigned two people to my shower. They have the nicest showers ever but i'd rather have a dirty shower than find a naked guy in my shower....

and no, no nudity was found. The other guy was on his way walking from the shower room to the fuel desk to turn in his key when i was given my key. Then the fuel desk lady had the nerve to say that she thought we were showering together.

What the hell? How stupid can you be? Why would I shower with another guy? Do i look THAT GAY? Honestly i used to look pretty gay but i dont think i did that day...

Even if i was gay, whyyyyy?

slabrunner Thanks this.
  7. slabrunner

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    On a different topic but I had a driver hitting on me once. I hate that crap. But whatta ya gonna do?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  8. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Centreville, Maryland ! That's where my dentist is. Next I am there I will have to take a look at that truck stop, thanks.

9. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Dentist... pfff.... yeah, right!

Everybody knows truck drivers don't have teeth.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.