Spoiled rotten company owner make me wanna puke.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by dazedtrucker, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Yawn:biggrin_25523:

Another person crying how tragically unfair it is that the man paying the bills makes the decisions on how his truck is run:biggrin_25522:

Goo buy your own put whatever you want to on it, run it however you wish.

Lil'Devil and punkinhed Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dazedtrucker

dazedtrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I cannot believe how high (you) or your horse is. A HUMAN BEING IS DRIVING YOUR TRUCK....HAVE YOU NO REGARD FOR THE WELL BEING OF THE DRIVER??? NOT EVERYBODY IS IN A POSITION OF BUYING A TRUCK. WTF is wrong with expecting to be treated with the same respect you give that truck? How well you take care of it? How good you are with the companies customers? The driver is on the front lines of the company. They are the ones representing the company out there FOR the owner. If the are miserable, sick from heat, angry about the mistreatment...not going to look good for the company, now is it? Being a jerk to your employees is not good business. Being a fair employer pays back. I cannot believe REAL drivers can have this attitude. Fuel prices hurt EVERYONE. Maybe cut a little out of your luxury schedule instead of taking it out on your employees. I'm all for a person enjoying what they have earned, but when you start abusing your employees so you can go on another cruise, or buy a few new racecars...I'm sorry if this annoys the idiots, it just STINKS.

4. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

I mame am not treated like crap,far from it,4th brand new truck in 10 years(Prostar),I can idle "when necessary" if i choose without any problems,nor do i think or am trying to imply you or your husband should be treated like crap,all Im saying is You both CHOOSE to work under these conditions,you seem to worry more about what your Companys owners have for personal posessions and such and when they have a new policy you sight this as a reason,NO the reason is $4 a gallon fuel,,,Why Dont you post this Company in the "look out for this Company" thread instead.,
    And yes i sympathize with you dont get me wrong,you work for a crap company,use the internet to find a better place to work(this site is a wealth of opinions of all companys) no need to vent a frustration of a comapny when all who read it share the same opinion,,Just Move On

5. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    so if the company you are with sucks so bad find another company. It's not realistic to think that the owners are going to change their personal spending behaviors. All people are flawed. Some drivers take advantage, should they be fired? Probably. Would that just end up in tons of unemployment claims? More than likely. The end result is the same cuts are going to have to happen somewhere. Usually the two highest costs for a company are fuel and driver pay. So that is where the axe is aimed when cutting time comes up. It would be better for the driver if they would cut their personal spending habits, but most owners think of their personal and business lives as separate.

Looks like it's time to move on.

6. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Get over yourself truck driver. Pack your toys and find another sand box to play in. There's an alleged driver shortage so you should be on the super slab tonight with your new employer if you send them an application before noon today.

7. 4seasons

4seasons Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Greeneville, TN
    Even in this Obama economy jobs can be had. If you don't like the one you have go get another one. That is the way the free market economy works. If every driver out there would stand up to their company and tell them fix this problem or I walk then the problems would be fixed, the bad companies would fail, the good companies would expand to cover more freight.

It is the same as people complaining about the quality of Chinese built products and that nothing is made in America but they still go to Wal-mart to buy the cheapest thing they can find. The free market only works if people leave their brains plugged in.

Licensed to kill Thanks this.
  8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

"If every driver out there would stand up to their company and tell them fix this problem or I walk then the problems would be fixed":biggrin_2559: and for everyone that WALKED theres 4 panting at the door to get the job and would likely do it for less $.

Heck there is 1 clown who posts on here about driving junk equipment , breaking the HOS , paid under the table , and he is happy that the 2 bit outfit that he sort of works for lets him be a TEAM PLAYER.

Tazz Thanks this.
  9. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    If I need to, I idle. Period.

If it costs me a bonus as it has the last two summer quarters, so be it.

I do better cool than I do hot. Some are the other way. Great.

Last night, after dark, it was 74 with zero wind where I was. It was still over 82 degrees in this white truck. I stuck it out last night, but only after adjusting some windows and vents. You sleep great in 82 degree air? Terrific...go for it.

If the owner doesn't allow idling in 100+ degree heat, screw him. I'm gone. But I'm willing to make the effort if the standards are reasonable to me because I work for the man...his trucks, his rules...TO A POINT. I will say this for Schneider...they'll make their mandatory "please try harder" spiel if you idle too much, but that's the only grief I've ever gotten from them. Since April 5th, my idle is 0.00%, so they know I'll do my best, even when I'm pissed as hell at them.

As far as the individual states? Fine...I'm ticketed? So be it.

We're all different. So for those who consider some of us "namby-pamby" because we refuse to subject ourselves to trying to rest in a truck that is well over 100 degrees, you know what? Who gives a ####? I'm sure there are things about your preferences we could rip on as well.

10. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    dont whine about a white truck until you have tried a black truck--looks nice but a true convection oven

11. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Is there a rotisserie option with that?

I can only imagine...I've never had a black truck in the dozen years I've driven...couple of red ones, a bunch of white ones, a JB cabover (whatever color you call that)...silver daycab...but I've avoided the black tractors...

I'll bring the basting brush if I ever find myself in one....:biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.