Spoiled rotten company owner make me wanna puke.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by dazedtrucker, Apr 10, 2011.

1. dazedtrucker

dazedtrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I know 1 driver that keeps shutting it off every time he is in the office...
    Will be more interesting when it actually gets HOT outside

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    That's a good way to get fired.

4. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yes, that's just looking for an altercation for no real reason - if you want to prove a point, don't do it as a 13 year old.

5. dazedtrucker

Apr 10, 2011
    It's not me...and I really don't know the guy that well, just think it's funny. I hear things through the grapevine :biggrin_25525:

6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    You opening titlte says all there is to say.

He is so spoiled he provides the equipment you use to earn your living. Anything he makes beyond keeping up that equipment is his #### soiled rotten choice to make.

He makes you sick yet you refuse to leave his employ. You calim to do it to prevent others from suffering, well your right something smells. You do it because you are afraid to voice the opinion to his face that you would here.

To stay with the stinky sandbox theme, go buy your own or continue to eat turds. The choice is yours and no government involvement is needed.

7. dazedtrucker

Apr 10, 2011
    are you for real? I don't directly work for "the owner". My boss is not a dick. I love my job. The OTR side is a whole different ballgame.
    The owner used to be nice. As time passes he gets less and less caring towards his employees.
    So it's OK to bake your drivers who are making you that money, cause, yeah, it's yours to do what you want with?? It's sick, and so are you. YOu have no compassion for your fellow driver? I know your type.
    I do voice my opinion to him...WHEN I CAN FIND HIM. He isn't exactly easy to catch up with. We've gone toe to toe a few times, and I have admitted when I was wrong...but this time I'm not, and when I do catch up with him I will tell him how I feel about this. I may be female, but I'm not an idiot, and I don't just shut up when there's an injustice occuring.

O...and I didn't start the sandbox theme. I don't eat any #####. Apparantly you are to much of a "kitty" yourself to stand up for anything...probly treating your employees the same way. Hope someone wraps your doors shut in the deep south in august. (I've seen it done to someone who dserved it...) and disables your truck...
    u sing a different tune...like WAAAAAYYYY MOMMMMEEEEE!

Bring it.

8. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    So you expect what by whining here exactly?

Walk in, tell your boss, the owner or whomever you wish that you will idle when necessary, and further you feel he should spend some money on you instead of his pursuits and you will not be cowed.

See typing on a board how you'll "go toe to toe" is easy, but if done for real the whining here becomes unnecessary and redundant.

Along with the childish AC plan, and the sophmoric threats or thoughts of others discomfort. I wish drivers would just have enough spine to follow up on their fantasies posted here.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  9. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    Why do drivers think that what the owner makes (or their perception of what he makes) is relevant at all to them? This person assumes all the risk, in most cases risking his home, to finance equipment. You are hired to perform a job under given conditions. Either do it or quit. You get zero say in how the owner chooses to run his business.

I happen to believe what my drivers think matters, and try to make sure they know this. If we disagree, my decision is the only one that matters...and they definitely know that.

Think it should be something different...get your own authority.

Southpaw7391, Tazz, 48Packard and 2 others Thank this.
  10. dazedtrucker

Apr 10, 2011
    so, is it ok with you to threaten drivers livelyhoods if the don't shut down the truck in oppressive heat? It's OK they can't get any rest when they are out there working for you because it's so hot? You run your guys 3x past illegal to get where you are? I'm not trying to be a "b", I'm just trying to understand how folks think this is right, cause I don't get it. I agree we have zero say, but I think owners should show a little compassion and appreciation towards there best employees. Your drivers are on the frontlines, responsible for your high dollar equipment...shouldn't they be treated as you would like to be treated if you were in the truck?
    Seriously, enlighten me. I HONESTLY do not understand why you would treat your employees badly. If they are bad employees, get rid of them. But why treat your best (10 years of exemplary performance) like that?
    Really?

You do have some rules to follow.

11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I'm confused why you don't leave. they run you 3x illegal and don't let you idle the truck. it's not our fault you stayed in a bad situation. if the company policy is not to idle, I still doubt that, and you need to idle than you should idle. if there are consequences so be it, the company you are describing sucks. Find a new job. If it's recent changes that have made it so bad what makes you think it's going to get any better? Some guys roll with that, I had a driver that would get upset if his idle got above 0.9 percent in any given month. Just because you feel something is humane doesn't mean someone else does. A standard has been set, deal with it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.