Spot Market Rates Question.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by LoneRanger, Oct 22, 2019.

1. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Nobody’s fault but yours I’m afraid.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. amberfeldt

amberfeldt Light Load Member

May 20, 2019
    Minnesota
    Yeah... nobody fault for low rates but his/hers....wanna plain dis to me lucy??

4. 86scotty

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Sure, but my name isn't Lucy. "GUY WANTED ME TO RUN (TQL) FROM NEWARK NJ TO NORFOLK VA FOR $550 I WOULD MAKE $200 BEFORE PAYING DRIVER AFTER FUEL AND TOLLS #### SAD"

This tells you all you need to know about this trucker/trucking company.

First, if you've been around long you know not to work with TQL or if you do you do so at your peril.

Second, TQL (or any broker) can WANT you to run whatever they want. There are lots of people who want you to do things. I'd like you to make me a sandwich! Doesn't mean you have to.

Third, there are a million truckers doing different things for different reasons for different money speaking different languages in different places. No one is going to unite.

I wouldn't unite with 99% of truckers if you paid me a million to join the cause.

JonJon78 and PPDCT Thank this.
  5. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Id take the million and show up to the first few rallies then fade away.

p608, PPDCT and 86scotty Thank this.
  6. Moonshadow1918

Moonshadow1918 Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    Im still making 1865.00 OH to PA. Contract . Alot of brokers pushing that same lane for 900 . If your lucky. People in here will say thats contract , well guess what brokers get contract rates as well just like trucking companies do and the rates are the same across the board. So yes brokers are cashing in due to lack of freight available. They have lost loads due to shutdowns. So imo they recoop their loses off essential freight. At the end of the day everybody should be leased to a carrier forcing brokers to up their rates. I personally lease to a carrier that allows me to freelance if i want. So basically i work both sides of the fence. I see the contract rates we have i also see what brokers are pushing those same loads for that i guarantee they to have a contract rate for

7. 86scotty

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    That’s a sweet niche. I’d love to find it in my area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.