1. baldguy

baldguy Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2010
    kettering ohio
    Are any of you using sprint cell service.I run otr and was wanting to know how good or bad it is.I mainly use it as a phone to make calls but do use some data.

2. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I had Sprint for 15 yrs. it sucked otr, especially in MS and Wv. I switched to Verizon in October of last year. I am very satisfied with it so far.

3. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I have Sprint, but I don’t go anywhere. If you go everywhere, ATT is still the best in my book for service, and I have had them all. I left for Sprint, as they saved me over $300 a month over ATT. I have a few phones on the account. If just yourself, ATT is who I would use. For data, I use this outfit, $79 a month, true unlimited data with no slowdowns, Wi Fi Hotspots with Unlimited Data | Unlimited LTE Advanced

This data service is 12mb download, and is great for movies. Seeing as I spend more time in the sleeper now vs working (ELD), like I am now. It has been a real godsend. Keeps me sanity.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  4. MexTrucka909

MexTrucka909 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2018
    I have sprint and run east coast... There is VERY few places i dont get signal.. The only thing i would complain about is the calls getting dropped!!! Smh I call every month and complain and i get a 30$ credit every month lol

5. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I had Verizon for a long time. I just got to where i was tired of the bill. I had Sprint before that. When i lived in Sioux Falls, Sprint was fine. When we moved an hour NW of Sioux Falls, Sprint wouldnt work when i went home. For about the last month, I've been using Cricket. 3 phones with insurance on each phone for 111 bucks a month. Ive noticed my Cricket phone qorking in places in WV and Ky that my Verizon phone didnt. Im happy with this service. I know you were not asking about Cricket, but i k ow itll work for you in an OTR situation. Good luck with whatever you chose.

6. Streetroddreams

Streetroddreams Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2017
    North Central Missouri
    Here in Missouri atnt means all tits and talk cause it ain't worth a fff.Verizon seems to be the best and there monthly pay plan makes them in league with almost anyone... Just my 2 cents

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I didn't have verizon service in wv, ky, ok, a lot of texas. Wyoming got better with my s6 over my note2. Nevada got better also. Sprint got better but nothing to brag about.

I now have att hotspot. It works better then v or s. Luckliy. Phones have wifi calling ability now.

I used to love sprint. But since they got a new ceo. They've gone down hill in a bad way. Who takes away calling and surfing at the same time. SMH.

One of these days I'm gonna pay the phone off to have it unlocked and switch over to att. I'd buy an att phone but their commitments is 30 months and they want $500 deposit. SMH. And it'll save me $25 a month off my directvnow tv service.

• Draft saved Draft deleted