STAA Protected Activity - Refusing to Drive Due to Hazardous Weather

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by truckersjustice, May 30, 2018.

1. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    This exactly. If I were advising people on their individual legal claims, I'd be acting in the capacity of an attorney. Simply discussing public knowledge in a public forum, is spreading useful information. Suffice to say, if I were an attorney I would not be posting about being a line haul driver haha.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckersjustice

truckersjustice Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Burnsville, MN
    Your post prompted me to look into the Minnesota Rules of Professional Conduct. The information I provide information regarding the law, not specific advice to address a particular case. Nor is it solicitation. Each case is different dependent upon facts. Also, this website prohibits advertising through posting and this is not advertising. If I said "Call me at *********" at the conclusion of a post, or said something about using my services, I would be required to identify myself as an attorney and state that this is advertising. I do not usually identify myself by name and as an attorney on these posts and do not advertise my services, and invite people to use my firm's services. I am not saying your attorney is wrong. He may be right as to the Rules of Professional Conduct in the states in which he is licensed. Thanks a bunch for motivating me to double check. Also, the disclaimer is a good piece of advice. I used to use one and will start again now.

The information provided here is for general information. Each case is dependent upon the individual facts of the case. Therefore, if you have additional questions you should contact an attorney of your choice. Nothing in this post shall be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship.
    Paul Taylor
    Attorney at Law

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Blackshack46 and moloko Thank this.
  4. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Paul Taylor, you're not my attorney. Stop acting like this relationship is something it's not.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

You look like you could have played one of the Doctors on Doctor Who. Fascinating appearance sir.

6. truckersjustice

Sep 1, 2011
    Burnsville, MN
    I don't have my photo posted here. I'll check out the Doctors on Doctor who and see if they are as good looking as this 61 year old attorney.

Paul Taylor

7. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Lol, a little googling for your name turns up some easy info.

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Aha. So you are a stalker? :)

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  9. truckersjustice

Sep 1, 2011
    Burnsville, MN
    I looked at some of the older doctors so I will take the remark as a compliment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.