Stan koch trucking, good company to work for

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by exwallybulldawg, Apr 21, 2013.

1. exwallybulldawg

exwallybulldawg Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Commerce,Ga
    I started this to give drivers another option if they are looking for a new job. Koch is not great but they are a lot better than swift, jb,Schneider , marten, etc,I worked for what a lot of people would call the best driving job in the industry Walmart transportation, now I'm here, this is a good job if your expectations are normal. Trucking sometimes sucks, that's life, I am on a dedicated run, not OTR , please understand what I just said. So don't compare what I am saying to what happened to your experience here OTR , if you don't want to work for Koch or have no interest read another blog

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. exwallybulldawg

Dec 29, 2010
    Commerce,Ga
    read my name on here:exwallybulldawg, stands for ex walmart driver, and bulldawg means im a university of Georgia bulldawg fan. I have been on here since 2010,I am not up to anything like not telling people I will get a bonus if you go to work for Koch, wow you uncovered my secret. most trucking companies give referral bonuses, use my name or not,I don't care, the name of this section on here is report a good company here, that's all im doing telling my opinion, and we all know about opinions right? there will be people on here that are looking for a job, look at us , then form your own opinion, talk to the drivers when you see them.I found this job on here. Ok going to Morehead City NC in the morning for Tuesday delivery on my dedicated run out of Atlanta ga.anyone have any questions please feel free to ask on here I will answer when I can, if you want to complain start a blog on thepart of this website that says report a bad company here, have fun with that.

4. exwallybulldawg

Dec 29, 2010
    Commerce,Ga
    On break in morehead city, long ride out here from atl

5. exwallybulldawg

Dec 29, 2010
    Commerce,Ga
    If anyone has any questions about Koch call Trudy in recruiting at 763-302-5734

6. never late always behind

never late always behind Light Load Member

May 23, 2012
    midwest
    You said lease operator not owner operator And my story is straight. Having a 401k has nothing to do with being part owner your 401k's performance has nothing to do with Kochs performance. A 401k is in various mutual funds and stocks through an outside financial entity. Attacking me personally doesn't change the facts about Koch any company that pays a $2500 recruiting bonus and a $1200 sign on bonus can't be all that good. I dare you to walk into the office there at Koch and say your part owner. If your happy there fine I was too at first my big point is to other drivers to take what you say with a grain of salt due to the big recruiting bonus Koch is paying at this time (check their facebook page). And why do you keep steering everybody to Trudy? There are several other recruiters at Koch. Your on a dedicated account OTR is different that's what my opinion is of. By the way Kochs main dedicated accounts are Best buy and Kmart Sears two really stable companies. Maybe the Kmart dedicated drivers in Lawerence Ks could tell us how great their 1200 to 1600 mile weeks are. No Koch isn't the worst but they sure are not the best either I guess that makes them average now doesn't it.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  7. never late always behind

never late always behind Light Load Member

May 23, 2012
    midwest
    I never said you were keeping a secret I was just pointing out to others your opinion may be a little shaded by a motivating factor. Obviously there are plenty of negative threads on Koch already so I don't need to start one. I'm not saying you are but you do sound like somone at Koch doing damage control. And yes Koch is aware of this forum. Koch is just an average company with same good and bad points as the others just do your research before you jump. Remember the grass is rarely ever greener on the other side. And with only a few rare exeptions the only difference between trucking is the name on the door. Being I drive for one of those rare exeptions I don't have time to post the obvious so my final words would be do your research, don't be afraid to say NO when something ain't right, and good luck.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  8. exwallybulldawg

Dec 29, 2010
    Commerce,Ga
    Trudy is the recruiter that hired me and we developed a friendship, I find drivers that are interested and hand them off to her, she is the professional, I'm just a driver. My company match on my 401k could fluctuate if business is off so I need the company to continue to make a profit so they share that with their employees. I only found one blog from a person that could not get medically qualified to come back to work, I'm sorry for him but I don't think Koch should shoulder any of the blame for that. If he can't pass CRT test he can't work here. Lots of companies use this test.with all that said if anyone is looking for answers about Koch trucking call Trudy in recruiting at 763-302-5734, very sweet lady will answer all your questions

9. exwallybulldawg

Dec 29, 2010
    Commerce,Ga
    Yes I'm on a dedicated account that's why I use Trudy she knows OTR , if you have questions ask her, also if you get cleared she can put you on a waiting list for dedicated, we are starting one Monday in orientation he waited a couple weeks. We are above average for drivers just check it out and be careful what you read here, get the facts then try us

10. exwallybulldawg

Dec 29, 2010
    Commerce,Ga
    if anyone is interested in a dedicated position with us on a bestbuy account call Trudy at 763-302-5734, tell her you saw it on here and she can fill you in , if someone beats you to the position you can be put on a waiting list, usually wont take long,business is good.

11. BFL123

BFL123 Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    gaffney, sc
    How close do you have to live to be on the best buy account? also, do they hire from the greenville,sc area if best buy isnt available right away? thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.