Stan koch trucking, good company to work for

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by exwallybulldawg, Apr 21, 2013.

1. dragandflyexpress

dragandflyexpress Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Did you ever decide to try Koch out?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SOAthor

SOAthor Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Tennessee
    "They pay here at Koch is comparable to other companies I have seen. For 2 years experience you would most likely start off at .38 cpm. " So why not go with Big G express or even Averitt they pay .40 cpm at 1 year for just going regional.......dont mean to be a critic but I would expect companies to pay more for otr which to me means being out 2 wks minimum at a time and I they should.

4. Truckenstein

Truckenstein Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    Any company that allows recruiters to out right lie to potential employees is a scam and a driver mill. A month ago I applied for a dedicated driver position with Koch. I was completely up front and honest with the recruiter about my driving record which has one major moving violation and a speeding ticket. Mind you that both these violations are almost three years old and roll of my record in 4 months. The recruiter contacted me on Wednesday we went over the normal things driver/recruiter discuss. She assured me that my record shouldn't be a problem that it would just need to be cleared by safety. I wasn't very concerned because on the Koch trucking web page hiring requirements say no more than 4 moving violations in the last three years which is why I applied In the first place.
    Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.....weekend!! Finally Monday rolls around I call the recruiter back make sure everything is ok with my application and safety is ok with it and to confirm my spot at orientation the next Monday. She says everything is good and safety is good can't wait to see you in orientation Monday I'll call you Thursday to follow up and go over the details of travel and hotel arrangements. Thursday rolls around no call by noon so I call every hour till 6pm. No answer in fact her voicemail was full so I couldn't even leave a message. Very unprofessional and communication problems hmmmn do really want to work here? O well I give them the benefit of the doubt wait till Friday and I'll call back. Mind you I have already received a orientation itenerary and flight arrangements in my email to head to Minneapolis Sunday afternoon. Well I tried calling all morning Friday no answer, person can't be reached, full voicemail once again. Friday about one pm she calls and says well we finally got your mvr in, bull it doesn't take a week and a half to order a mvr, and well we noticed the careless driving and the speeding ticket on your record and safety is going to decline your application. I asked her why did you lie to me you knew about both these infraction told me everything was good and I resigned from my previous position based on that. Well sir no you didn't tell me about it if you had I would have declined you when you told me. Ma'am that's listened in black and white on application plus that's the very first thing I pointed out. So basically Stan Koch recruiting bold faced lied to me then proceeded to call me a liar to my face. I had heard a lot of good things about Koch trucking I can't believe I was treated in this manner. I would have had way more respect if they of come right out and said look we can't work with your record in the shape it's in instead of stringing me along for nearly two weeks then dropping the bomb a day and half before I was to leave for orientation.

SOAthor, Lonesome and bzinger Thank this.
  5. Trucker Paul

Trucker Paul Medium Load Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Westland,Mi
    I agree Truckenstein that's messed not very professional of Stan Koch at all.

6. steven7994

steven7994 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Was her name Ruth?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.