Stan's Inc., Alpena, SD

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MrEd, Jul 2, 2013.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    No way stans would have long term drivers if 6 weeks was the expectation...I call bs .

TamBier, GladhandSW and HoserSmurf Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MonsterOR

MonsterOR Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2019
    The town of Alpena wouldn't exist without Stans inc. they put a lot of people to work.
    That was what was expected of me. That is all.

4. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Well I dont and never have worked for stans but I haul plenty of stuff for jack links out of Jersey.
    I'm yet until now to run across anybody with a bad word to say about them .

TamBier, GladhandSW and HoserSmurf Thank this.
  5. HoserSmurf

HoserSmurf Light Load Member

May 17, 2017
    Ditto! As I mentioned earlier, this is the first negativity I’ve read.

TamBier, GladhandSW and bzinger Thank this.
  6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same and he has a right to his opinions also .
    I'm happy at Morehouse but there's plenty of those that were not .
    Takes all kinds .

7. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    We got plenty of guys that been here for a long time. For good reason to. The longer loads have to be earned over time and honestly it can get boring but doing the dedicated circle always results in a nice check. Add the bonuses with that and I can't complain. I literally no longer worry about miles or if I'm going to make any money. As long as I continue to do long haul it will be with Stan's.

TamBier, bzinger and HoserSmurf Thank this.
  8. MonsterOR

MonsterOR Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2019
    Stan's is a small company. No terminals but the hq. I hardly even spoke to any of the other drivers there. Though I did speak with a couple with not so nice things to say. It just is what it is. In the end it's work. I dont believe anything I've said to be damning or unfair. It's all a matter of perspective and opinion.

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Alpena and Huron both depend on Stans and Jack Links.
    Not a lot of OTR companies out in South Dakota to choose from unless you want to move to East River , Sioux Falls or Worthington Mn.
    I am from Lead SD now in Wisconsin , South Dakota is a great place to live or run out of and raise a family and no income taxes to boot.
    And the governor is a FOX!

sirhwy and bzinger Thank this.
  10. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep I'm a native north dakotan and both north and south Dakota are just not good places to get in and out of with a truck under good rates with any regularity.
    In 1990 I finally gave up and moved to Omaha.

11. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Been running good this start of the year. Been out since 1/1/20 and will stay out until mid March. Currently parked in Hooker, OK on my way to Tracy, CA. Stan's rather have us drive the extra 200 miles than deal with Donner pass in California. Already planned with a load out of Fresno going to Minong, WI. So I'll be busy for a bit.

Going to try to update this more often again to give someone something to read when looking for a new company. I found these helpful in the past so it's only right if I do so. Be safe everyone.

Rugerfan, HoserSmurf, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.