Star Transport, morton il

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MidnightFlyer, Dec 8, 2007.

1. tasiler

tasiler Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Zanesfield, Ohio
    thanks wdstk, but need to hold out for another couple of months. besides with the way the economy is going hard to leave one job and go to the bottom of the pile at another.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Suncoast

Suncoast Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I was thinking about Star about a month ago but the recruiter told me their freight was way down. He was a former driver who turned in the wheel for a desk. I was glad to talk with a former driver because he gave me streight talk, no b/s. They were also offering just 35cpm. I have close to 23yrs otr so that was a bit short for me but the important thing to get out of this is he stated that the (freight was way down)

4. wdstk69

wdstk69 Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    noblesville indiana
    honesty is very hard to find in the trucking industry, if you have 23yrs. exp you #### sure don,t want to drive for peanuts. should get at least 40 cents. hang iin there you should find something better than star, i knew several drivers there ,who went to work for crete, i drove for shaffer, and i would not reccomend them ,unless you like to handle freight. WOODSTOCK

5. wdstk69

wdstk69 Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    noblesville indiana
    tasiler, you may be right, to hang in there ,i understand ,working from the bottom of the heap, have done that be-fore. good luck, driver

6. Suncoast

Suncoast Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks woodstock. I'm workin on it. Not going to take to low in of the stick! And your right 40 cents is my starting point for considering a job.

7. firedog323

firedog323 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I agree with STARDRIVER1. I've been with the company going on my 2nd year and all in all things have not been too bad. It was a little rough at first but it will work itself out in the end. I am home almost every weekend and average about 2186 miles a week. The truck you start out with is usually beat up but thats understandable. It's not their fault the drivers do not respect the trucks and don't care what happens to them. I myself got a truck with only 36,000 miles on it about 8 months with them and will be getting a new truck here soon. I'll admit I believe they do have some bad dispatchers and maybe that is what happened to those complaining about them but every company has that problem. The company in all may not be the best but they're not too bad and I do believe that allot of the drivers that are not having a good experience with them are not doing there best at the job.

8. johnson

johnson Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    Sounds like a typical driver.... complain, complain, complain.

Not the trucking company's fault you never got an education and are stuck with this type of job. Take the whining somewhere else, buck up, and learn how to run if you want to make some money.

Drivers like you have ruined the industry for far too long and its refreshing to see a lot of your type let go since there is no longer a driver shortage.

9. twops41997

twops41997 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Warren, Oh
    How much frieght does the driver have to touch at star???

10. STARDRIVER1

STARDRIVER1 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2008
    ILLINOIS
    Yo twops you touch very little frieght i think in my 4 yrs my 2 loads and they were egg cartons loads and that was helping out a little.. But here is reality of star.. With the current layoff and down sizing of the drivers and the 3 people fired for stealing money brain ,,,randy,,jeff. Every day i hear of more trucks and trailers that are in the yard. You would have to be stupid if you didnt know what was going on.. Monson transport in monmouth il did they same thing they just closed down. Since star was set up just like monson and it was the same guys who did both copmanys it is strange or not,, dont know,,, the monson brothers not paying there bills,, bought a jet plane,,ect,,and know glen [junior] and his sister is doing the same he just bought 6 months of insurance not 12 months like he has done every year..weird??? Now in march 31 the truck plates will be due.. Will they still be there dont know .. And 1 more thing to think about they are not buying any new trucks till next year and the peterbilt in morton are scared too death star is about 90% of there meat and potatos.. So anyways if any 1 haveing any more input please speak your mind,, i think star transport [the red 1] will not be around much longer and i hope im wrong,, chew on that guys and gals

11. twops41997

twops41997 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Warren, Oh
    Thanks stardriver1 for all the info. I worked for Monson back in the day I hauled out of there DuBois, Pa yard. So I do remember the MESS that was. So thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll look eles were first.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.