Starbucks need to please social media may end up costing them a few dollars.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by FlaSwampRat, Nov 1, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Starbucks Sued For Discriminating Against White People
    I can totally see this. Big companies go thru phases like this. UPS is bad with it, sometimes to get promoted in management you need to be a lesbian, other times it's just female, they went thru phases of black and Hispanic... people are too sensitive.... @Russian Rabbit knows all about this, I think they are going thru the woman stage at his barn currently.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I should add that it's not like they care if it's gonna cost them money, they have it to spare I'm sure and they get to look like the "good guys".

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Just as soon to show up and throw down a 20 and tell the lady to fill me up, cream and sugar. And hurry up. Times a wasting.

Then take over a booth for 4 hours hogging the wifi tossing 5's at the harried coffee girl. Poor thing has to work so hard for so little.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    My oldest daughter works at Starbucks because she's going to school and the schedule works. She makes a lot more money than I would have thought, it's tip based tho so there are good days and bad.

singlescrewshaker and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    To this day I never have, nor ever will purchase a starbuck's product. They can eat a fat D as far as I'm concerned..

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's awesome.

Had a walmart jewelery gal take care of my driver this morning and one of her jobs involved cutting with razor knife the little air bags used in shipping of small boxes on her handcart full of more boxes.

I teased her by saying, are you having fun popping those things or is it company policy? She giggled and thought it was great. Its probably company policy to do that.

You could tell she wanted out. My driver was good to her and kept her busy with questions over the stuff at the counter but that might be the only highlight of the day.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I'm addicted to the lemon bread there. There are no 12 step programs for it yet so I'm screwed.

buddyd157, 77fib77, D.Tibbitt and 2 others Thank this.
  9. singlescrewshaker

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    LoL, maybe methadone can get you off the lemon bread.. o_O

When I was in high school alot of preppie d-dags would go there. I swore I'd never be caught dead inside that store. Now more than ever I just hate all their pc, social justice warrior ways. Cant in good conscience hand them $ to use against me..

10. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I go there much less than I used to because of how they handle themselves now. Typical west coast mentality.

11. singlescrewshaker

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    You nailed it. My girlfriend used to like to go there like 4-5times a week. That was maybe 5 years ago before they really came out though & showed their true colors..

She used to get all pissy because I'd pull in the parking lot next door, & make her walk over & go in by herself. Last Christmas, she got a $15 gift card & re-gifted it to her sister. Quite a proud day, almost shed a tear. LoL, she leaning to the right..

JonJon78, x1Heavy, 70’Nova and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.