Starport Transportation (leaseing)

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by crosswind, Feb 17, 2009.

1. americus1905

americus1905 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2011
    if anyone wants to get on with this law suite email me americus1905@yahoo.com if you have been ripped off by this company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sexytrkrwife

sexytrkrwife Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Crocker, MO
    I will be sending you an email in a couple minutes. I also have some friends who would like to talk to you about this lawsuit. They were and still are being screwed by Starport.

4. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri
    Did you have an attorney read the lease agreement before you signed? I'll bet he would have told you not to sign. Why do people think they can get a class-action lawsuit against a company who's one-sided lease agreement they agreed to.

They have a saying that goes back to english common law "buyer beware".

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  5. jjwills19

jjwills19 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2011
    SexyTrkWife, did you ever hear back from Americus1905 on the class action? I'd be curious to find out some more about it after working for them for a little while in 2011. Thanks!

6. ashes56

ashes56 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2011
    The trouble with all of this is that there is no guarantee that the truck you get won't be in the shop every month. I know, as I was foolish enough to let the company I have worked for suggest I lease a truck from Starport, and I listened. The first truck was in the shop every week. They took it back and kept all the money, even the deposit. The second truck has been in the shop more than on the road.

They DO NOT do any work to the trucks before they lease them. They send them out and expect you to find anything wrong with them in the first two weeks, after that you are on your own. Even if you find something in those first two weeks, they will want you to come to their shop for repairs. How convenient is that for most drivers?

7. sexytrkrwife

sexytrkrwife Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Crocker, MO
  8. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yeah, unless someone in the office trys to get cute with a clause and makes a change it is likely that these documents have been drafted by an attorney with instructions of "once they drive it off the lot, I don't care if it burns to the ground after three feet, I want to be covered".

izifaddag and BigJohn54 Thank this.
  9. lucas70

lucas70 Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Starport screwed me out of a few thousand dollars i had to get a lawyer waiting to see what happens just got lawyer a week ago

10. drifter75

drifter75 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Gainesville, GA
    Americus, when did you work for them..I worked for them on 2010

11. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    a couple of years ago, i was hard up and was looking to lease, starport out of missouri sounded nice

i was going to lease a truck and go to Landstar, except the two didnt get along at the time. Starport said I could only go to two companies (i forgot their names) and Landstar said Starport were a bunch of crooks

i figured if i was leasing the truck, i could go anywhere i wanted to, but starport had their preferred (or exclusive) companies, then it all sounded like a racket (like working for prime or england) so i decided against it

your call, but i would advise against it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.