start food grade tanker mon.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by natemn57, Jan 1, 2012.

1. pathfinder1361

pathfinder1361 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    links to ford tank lines pics

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/steve_slocum/2004/july05/scan0060fordr2.jpg

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/steve_slocum/2004/july05/scan0061fordm.jpg

lv gn Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cc tanker

cc tanker Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio
    I remember a story from my days of Ford bros about a cemetary around hanging rock/ coal grove area that the would mysteriously have late night deliveries made to a big hole in the ground fact or fiction? I dont know..the trucks in those pics appear to be late 60s or early 70s( small cab on the r model and green steel dash) oldest r models we had when I was there were around 78 andd up those pics are the only ford trucks I ever saw with bud wheels on front...

4. cc tanker

cc tanker Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio
    I always loved the big green drip painted on the shutters...

5. pathfinder1361

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl

Cryogenic Transportation Locations.

Cryogenic Transportation serves customers from ten locations throughout the United States. Headquaretered in Easton, Pennsylvania, the company has been in the inudstrial gas transportation business for over 23 years and is owned by David M. Boucher, David R. Hamilton, and McFadden Brothers.

From the east coast to the west Cryogenic Transportation facilities are positioned to provide the best possible service to our clients. Click any of the RED dots on the map to find your local locations.
    Headquarters:
    Pennsylvania
    Cryogenic Transportation, Inc.
    1900 AM Drive Suite 103
    Quakertown, PA 18951
    Phone: 267-371-5007
    Fax: 267-371-5019 [ TOP ]

same david r. hamilton ?

http://www.cryodrivers.com/index.html

word is they are cheap pay for the cryo drivers

For Immediate Release: July 7, 2005
    CRYOGENIC TRANSPORTATION NAMES NEW CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER

Easton, Pennsylvania - Cryogenic Transportation named Vernon R. Ingham President and Chief Operating Officer today according to David M. Boucher, CTI's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Ingham joins CTI from Air Liquide where he was Director of Fleet and Logistics for Air Liquide's east coast industrial gas activities. Air Liquide is the worldwide leader in industrial and medical gases. Mr. Ingham was with MG Industries for twenty-seven years until its acquisition by Air Liquide in 2004. Mr. Ingham is 51 years old, is a graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a degree in business management, and resides in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania with his wife and three children.
    "We are very pleased that Vern has joined our team at CTI. He brings an entire career of industrial gas distribution and logistics experience to us that will enhance our ability to service our customer base" said David M. Boucher.

Rich Ramach, CTI's president for the last two years is retiring. He spent 30 years with Chemical Leaman (now Quality Distribution) before joining CTI. "We are very grateful to Rich for his dedication and leadership over the past two years" said Boucher.

Cryogenic Transportation is celebrating its 20th anniversary. It serves the nation's largest industrial gas producers with 120 tractors and 150 trailers operating from eight terminals across the US. Cryogenic is owned by David R. Hamilton, the McFadden family and David M. Boucher, all of whom were the former owners of Chemical Leaman Corporation.

For more information please contact David M. Boucher.

lv gn Thanks this.
  6. pathfinder1361

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    gold bulldogs on the hoods too. my guess 1970. im pretty sure the interiors were tan/plastic prior to 1974 models.

the chemical leaman r model at the bottom of my posts is a 1974 i believe.

7. pathfinder1361

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    it mentions in the article "leveraged buyout LBO" , better known now as "private equity" :biggrin_25513:

Szabo Food Sold To Philadelphia Firm
    November 06, 1986|By John Gorman.
    Szabo Food Service Inc., the Oak Brook-based firm that serves Wrigley Field and the Cook County Jail, has been sold to ARA Holdings Co. of Philadelphia. Terms were withheld.

Founded in 1946 by the late Joseph Szabo, the firm had grown to a $200 million-a-year company with operations in more than 25 states and about 5,200 employees.

Ads By Google
    Flatbed freight rates
    Dependable, 50 years in business 300+ trucks, get a quote now
    www.SammonsTrucking.com

Besides Wrigley Field, the firm also serves Anaheim Stadium in California, the downtown Amoco Building, the Kitchens of Sara Lee and Lake Forest College.

In recent years, Szabo has established itself as the major provider of food service to correctional institutions. It has been serving the more than 5,400 inmates at County Jail since 1978.

One Szabo executive who asked for anonymity said that the some 200 employees at the Oak Brook office were not expected to be retained, but that the estimated 5,000 field employees would remain in their jobs.

``We`ll all be on the street,`` the executive said. ``There has been some overture about keeping us, but there is no way they are going to maintain the Chicago office.``

He added that Szabo was taken private through a leveraged buyout earlier this year by David Hamilton, Szabo president, and George McFadden, a New York investor. Before that, it had been a public company traded over the counter, the executive said. He said negotiations had been going on for several weeks, but that the deal was completed Monday.

Efforts to reach Hamilton for comment Wednesday were unsuccessful.

ARA Holdings is the parent company of ARA Services Inc., the country`s largest corporate food service operator. The privately held firm has 112,000 employees worldwide and last year had

sales of $3.4 billion.

A spokesman for ARA declined Wednesday to discuss the firm`s plans for Szabo or its employees.

The acquisition is the latest in a number of recent consolidations in the food service industry. Last year, Transworld Corp. acquired Interstate United Corp. of Chicago for $92.5 million. Interstate was merged into Transworld`s Canteen Corp. operations.

Ads By Google

8. lv gn

lv gn Heavy Load Member

Jun 23, 2008
    las vegas nv.
    With a really old brockway sitting next to the r model! First truck I ever drove was a brockway with a 318 and straight stacks!! LOUD !!

9. pathfinder1361

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    gotta be loud! my uncle who is a farmer had a brockway that had the same cab as an F model mack 1968 i think it was. had 318 detroit with a 10 speed. i got to drive it a little when i was 17. BIG fun!

10. Johnny99

Johnny99 Johnny be Good

Nov 24, 2007
    Big Sandy Tenn
    Probably the same guy. Smith Transport became ARA/Smith before he shut them down. He was from the Chicago area according to the talk around all the terminals. Easton Pa, Quakertown, all places near where Leaman was headquarted in Lionville, near Philadelphia. The guy gets rich by taking these companies and squeezing all he can from them before bailing via bankruptcy or whatever. And the sad thing is, its perfectly legal.

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  11. pathfinder1361

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    exactly...i do seem to remember ARA and Smith's(vaguely). i recall probably around 1988, word was we were supposed to be getting 100 new freightliners (conventionals i think). i was looking forward to them, anything new with a hood, would have been nicer then the MH's. well next thing you know that got cancelled. also charleston, wv. terminal/rack was needing investment, the word came down to "patch it up to last 6 months", thats the story i got.

i'm pretty sure i read that hamilton was a harvard business school guy,
    thats what they do, get into a company,flip it or whatever, make their $$$, and leave. :biggrin_25512:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.