start up capital for truck and trailer with own authority ?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Bigdickbandit, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I get what you are saying, I look at it this way, for those who know what they are doing (obviously you do), when you end up with a truck that has gotten everything looked at and everything is fixed, you have essentially a new truck.

MartinFromBC and Aces-N-Eights Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Aces-N-Eights

Aces-N-Eights Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Mobile, AL
    Indeed. The only thing that is original '02 is the cab, sleeper, and engine block!! Everything else (from the headlights to the 5th wheel) is new!! Basically built my own glider kit, just on an 02 body!! Love this truck! Was thinking about sending pics and receipts to KW Corporate and ask for some sponsorship dollars since I resurrected one of their trucks from the grave!!!!

MartinFromBC and JonJon78 Thank this.
  4. RGVTrucker956

RGVTrucker956 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2016
    did you already have the money in your account or did you take out a loan ? what would be good companies to take out a loan of around 100-500k ?

5. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I've heard guys say this "If I could just get a really good truck". Well a really good truck isn't a truck with DEF. DO NOT buy a worthless piece of trash with DEF. Get you a Glider if you can afford it or buy something that doesn't have DEF. Don't buy a Premium 2000 Warranty either!! They are worse than DEF!

kenn2632 and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  6. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    Thanks to your post the OP scrapped the idea of buying a truck and will never visit this forum again.
    OP it is not that bad come back, ok it's almost that bad.
    I sold my truck and got a company job. Have more money in the bank, a lot less stress, home every night and off on weekends, but miss the freedom I had before.

7. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Drug consortium registration - $200

That right there should make the OP come back to ask why if nothing else lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.