starting 2012 with a bang - TMC orientation

Discussion in 'TMC' started by dropdeck, Dec 30, 2011.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I'm curious, why is a Marine going to an Army Drill Sgt school when the Marines have their own school??

BTW, my sister was a senior drill sgt. at Ft. Jackson for 8 years. Probably before your time. (1978-1986)

As a military man, you should have the discipline of how to act properly in a public place like this forum.

Of course you can survive at TMC or anywhere else as far as that goes. The trick is to find a good company and make good money. You don't have to just survive, you can thrive! There are many on here that can give you good advice as you enter new territory. ;)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ttownrunner

ttownrunner Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2010
    tulsa,ok
    That is good to know. I am talking to Kelby my TMC recruiter this afternoon. I'm going to sit and make a plan. I have always felt that the job is what you make of it. Especially going with in my opinion one if the better companies around. From reading for the last couple of years I really don't have a lot ask him but just to confirm what I've read. I want to ask him about becoming a trainer. I had a good one back in 1984 and I hope I have the same fortune this time. I am excited about retiring from a job I've had fun at and going back to the lifestyle enjoyed and make a living at. Condo anything that you think I should ask let me know. Thanks.

4. BacknBlack

BacknBlack Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    mooresboro,N.C.
    Your a joke in my book bud. Talk about all your past achievements as if it matters here. I got news for you, I have had guys just like you work for me and all the past military training didnt mean crap when I told them to get a broom shut their mouth and start cleaning. Maybe somene needs to hand you a broom...... You could use the attitude adjustment. Your a bad example of the cool guys I've met over the yaers with military back ground.:druid:

dropdeck Thanks this.
  5. JETTY0811

JETTY0811 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Moberly, Missouri
    Just out of curiosity, I thought this was a trucking forum... I don't see the relevance of thumping your chest and telling your war stories. There are many truck drivers that never speak a word about their military service and are respected just the same. Not because they won a medal 20 years ago, but because they're good drivers and good people. Unless you were a transport driver in the service, your military background has no business here. Keep it relevant, keep it professional people.

BTW, I too am a veteran. USMC 2006-2010. Spent 11 months in Iraq. Just so you don't think Im some wannabe running my mouth.

ttownrunner and dropdeck Thank this.
  6. BacknBlack

BacknBlack Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    mooresboro,N.C.

Very well said my friend! And thank you for your service.....:druid:

7. JETTY0811

JETTY0811 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Moberly, Missouri
    So now that that is settled, can we talk about trucks again? :biggrin_2552:

Big_Red Thanks this.
  8. Darkside_sweettooth

Darkside_sweettooth Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Knoxville, TN

Friendly follow up: he now drives for TMC, don't ever disrespect a Veteran EVER!!! #######, free speech is something you earn not given and just cause you couldn't handle military doesn't mean he's not afraid to handle TMC mister, green beret, navy seal, combat vets ########.....oh yeah and theres more to military than killing and showering in blood, and to your beret faggotry mental, you forgot marine recon and air force air combat controller DICK mr. "i'm about supporting troops because I own guns and i hate colored people and i love the blood i spill cause i'm a killin idiot and war is necessary cause it pays me pathologically" mr. " i'm smarter than everyone and everybody cause I'm american and I know everything and I go around telling everyone there all wrong and the government is out to get us...oh yeah did i forget to mention I'm smarter than everyone cause I'm an american?"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.