Starting a Frac Sand Hauling Business

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Safeclean Services, Dec 31, 2011.

1. FREEBRD

FREEBRD Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Lafollette tn
    Sounds like flatbed!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. casl37

casl37 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2011
    san antonio, texas
    Hello, all.

I have a question for the group regarding trailers. I found a pneumatic that was being used for cement. Can it be use for sand as well?

Thanks,

Casl37

4. FREEBRD

Oct 18, 2007
    Lafollette tn
  5. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    So true and the Mexicans haven't even got started in the sand hauling yet. :biggrin_2559:

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  6. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

It can be used for sand but it has to be thourghly cleaned out not just washed out you have to get it down to bare metal on the inside. Usually I have found this requires sandblasting the inside and in my area costs around 5500 dollars to get done.

FREEBRD Thanks this.
  7. FREEBRD

Oct 18, 2007
    Lafollette tn
    wow! $5000.00

8. Rusty50484

Rusty50484 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Northern Iowa
    You should probably also replace the T's and piping, as cement trailers usually are aluminum and with sand you should have steel due to the abrasive nature of the sand. Although not absolutely necessary, you may want to add top air if it isn't already equipped with it.

And haulhand is absolutely right, sandblasting is the only way to properly clean out a cement trailer for sand use.

haulhand Thanks this.
  9. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

I didn't even think about the plumbing but if you don't replace it right away you will do it later as aluminum tubing washes out in about four loads.

10. Rojo

Rojo Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Don't go overboard on replacing every aluminum piece.......just the parts that will come in contact with discharging sand.......

Jet line and tee's should be steel.....but run your aluminum till they sand out.

Save some $$$$$ and just be ready to replace them ASAP......they'll last about 20 loads or so.

Carry duct tape for pinholes......it'll get you back to the shop.

11. Bucket Trucker

Bucket Trucker Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Western Wisconsin

Where you going in South St. Paul? Our company yard is there. Or are you going to the dealer?

Randy

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.