STARTING A NEW CAREER WITH JBH

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by GCDMN., Feb 21, 2016.

1. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    The Mission account is Regional DCS. So far hometime has been two 10s plus the 34 reset so in my own bed 4 time per week but remember I'm totally new to this type of schedule so it's tough rite now. Other than the one full day off my body's clock is confused. Also i finished training early so my first reset happened on a Tuesday. I'm not gonna rock the boat yet but hope to change that somehow down the road. Initially was told i should be resetting Thursday nite Friday nite then restart on Saturday afternoon. Honestly get me a reset anytime near the weekend and I will be happy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Just returned from a Illinois 900 plus mile 6 stopper and gonna do a early reset so off till Wednesday afternoon. Trip went pretty well. I cost myself about a hour and a half yesterday but learning the ropes. Off to a nice jump start to this weeks payroll.

4. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Returned from a 675 mile 4 stopper. Started off in a big snowstorm in rush hour traffic. Snow coming down at 1.5 inch an hour minimum. Took 2 hours to go my first 35 miles. Once I got out of stop and go traffic I saw 3 cars spin into the ditch along the way. One hit the safety barrier so hard i wanted to stop and see if they needed help but I would have been a huge hazard pulling over on the side of the road at that spot. There was a highway patrolman about 1/8 mile away at another incident so I went on. About 100 miles out snow lessoned then gradually turned to rain. By the time I reached first destination 250 miles away it was hard rain and constant heavy wind. Took almost 6 hours to do that first 250 miles. After that went much better and made good time. Probably a constant 20+mph wind though. It did affect the drive quite a bit but easier to drive in than gusty winds I'm guessing.

5. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    I got my first big check. $1308 gross for last week.

6. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Sorry my schedule has been getting to me. Can't remember how many runs I've done since my last report but it's been consistent and all has been going well other than the body adjustment to this schedule. It seems to be primarily a 3rd shift type schedule with a occasional 2nd shift thrown in. Good and bad is my home time during the week is spent sleeping. Resets catch me back up on sleep. It's been just over 4 weeks so i think my body is starting to adapt but it's still fighting it on occasions.

7. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    I'm currently on a nice long reset. Got off yesterday at noon and going back out mid afternoon tomorrow so 48 plus hours. Getting paid tomorrow and it's gonna be on the low side cuz of how the delivery schedule worked out. Think it ended up about 2200 miles and 11 deliveries so should be about $1100. But that means I've got 1650 miles and 5 stops in this week so far with a 1000 mile 3 stopper scheduled tomorrow so the mileage will be back up there for the following check. I think I could average 1200 or so per week but mite be 1300 one week then 1100 the next. They keep throwing different runs at me and maybe after a bit I can fall into a more static route. Think they are still testing me.

8. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Oddest thing is I'm suddenly struggling backing up to loading docks. Luckily it's mostly middle of the night so nobody's around to laugh at me but it's just kinda odd/funny.

9. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Did a 4 stopper with the last all the way up in the U.P. of Michigan. Left the yard at about noon so over half my driving was in daylight wich is quite the change. Very pretty drive in the U.P.. Finishes off a nice week at almost 2700 miles and 9 stops. Good and bad is I was done by 11pm Friday and for some reason I'm not going out till dinner time Sunday. Just did a reset befor that last run and now basically another?? Nice havin Saturday off but if i could've got another run I could've had a huge week.

10. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Keep forgetting about this and it's kinda a big one. For those that are curious about possibly taking a JBH job or any companies job similar to this that your making multiple delivery stops. 14 hour days are going to be the norm. You are going to hit your 14 hour on duty limit before you hit the 11 hour driving limit most days especially for your first few months.

11. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Had a nice turnable 525 mile 4 stopper thru northern Mn. to start the week. Off from 845 this morning till about 10 pm tonight.Out on a long Fenton Missouri tonight. Not sure how many stops. Not looking forward to 9.5 hours of straight driving

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.