Starting a pick up that has been sitting for a year .

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by bzinger, Nov 5, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Beer is ok, but to me I found it difficult to go through a case to reach oblivion where a few shots or a bottle will do the same trick on less money. =)

//Big teasing...

Seriously enjoy, pace yourself don'tcha know.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i gotta get me a bottle of Jack...the holidays are coming, and i gotta start celebrating... first, i gotta learn how to drink....

wore out, bzinger and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Careful with that one. A 10.00 bottle in 15 minutes will try to kill you and if you lived to see the sunrise you will be poisoned for a month. Ive had that happen before with stupid games back then.

bzinger and buddyd157 Thank this.
  5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    How did we go from starting a pick up to alcohol poisoning?
    Lmao

6. lwlevens

lwlevens Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Just check fluids, get a battery and fire it up, have a beer and call it a day !!!!!!!!!!

x1Heavy and bzinger Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    when you're old like me, the mind wanders...you know, like when you and the wife are walking in the mall or where ever, and a pretty gal comes towards you and you sneak a peek.......and your wife jabs you in the ribs..???? that's called wandering eyes....

since you already got jabbed in the ribs, best just turn your head and watch that pretty gals sexy body walk away.........after all, if you got a wandering set of eyes, might as well make put that towards a wandering mind when you get older.

sorta like..........wait.....squirrel.

wore out, x1Heavy and bzinger Thank this.
  8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yep replace the battery, start the truck, and let it warm up. Take it slow and then see if anything is leaking.

Nothing leaking ... go

x1Heavy and bzinger Thank this.
  9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Like A ModelCAT says- everyones over analyzing this- Good Grief- Sorry for your loss Brother....

Your Gonna like those Rangers, Easy to Work on from front to back- Even pulling the trans (manual) is a piece of cake.

10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Hell my buddy started up an old 55 farlane thatd been sitting for over 30 years. Put in new battery. Jerry rigged a new fuel line straight into a gas can into carburator and with a lil starting fluid she started right up... Id say ur biggest concern would be the bad fuel. Dump the fuel thats in it and get some clean fuel

11. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i would have wanted a neighbor start it up, you know, a neighbor that is a PITA, and you wish were dead..??

it's what some "wise guys" would do if they knew there was a contract on them.

bzinger, x1Heavy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.