Starting at Super Service LLC.

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by razorbladez, Nov 23, 2012.

1. mattywhacker

mattywhacker Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    tn
    Thanks, hope all goes well

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. onee1956

onee1956 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Super service spends more time and money recruiting than they do retaining folks. I was in law enforcement before I went back to driving. I had a dot officer in Ohio say their csa score for trailers now has them on the hot list to be pulled over. If anyone wants to do well with this outfit, they need to go to the Toyota circuit. take home average was $850 a week mol. , team, home fri. and out sunday night. Onee.

sedain Thanks this.
  4. mattywhacker

Jan 16, 2013
    tn
    Do they get people home on the weekends if they choose to have it that way

5. sedain

sedain Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2010
    you would have to talk to a recruiter about that.. there are drivers that haul general freight non dedicated that are home on the weekends but i think its something that they offer to retain drivers rather than something thats offered to new recruits.

or haul ups freight and be home thur at around 6pm and out on sunday around 1pm. :)

i dont take home 850 though,but close to it. i am a solo driver though and thats a big plus.

6. mattywhacker

Jan 16, 2013
    tn
    Well thanks for the info, I think I'll give em a try

7. Truckerwife0203

Truckerwife0203 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2013
    My husband and I followed your posts and thought they might be a decent company. Super service had the least people complaining and we did our research and saw another trucker say how bad the trucks were but I don't think he was clear enough as to how terrible the trucks are. Horrendous wouldn't even do them justice. The company truck are disgusting and are a DOT nightmare. Everything went nice and smooth day 1 and 2 of training, then they drop the bombshell of you're going to have to go to KY for your trucks, this would be normal if only a handful of new hires didn't have one but when they load the entire class to go to KY, my husband realized the company has issues. Day 3 they travel to KY, and get hotel, no problem, annoying yes but still ok. Get up day 4, they all go over to the yard to find nothing but old broke down trucks, flat tires on the one they gave 1 person, too many DOT violations to list on each of the trucks. Finally, they all pick out the best of the worst still to find over 800,000 miles on all of them. The trucks all go into the shop day 4 and they have to stay there all day waiting, no one gets out day 4. They are sent back to hotel around 6 pm. Day 5, go back to terminal wait all day to then be told that they do not have any epasses and they would have to pay tolls out of pocket and get reimbursed and once they got epasses turned in they could get one. Well I have never had to pay a semi truck toll but I can't even imagine how much that will cost him. Yes he will be reimbursed but this was definitely not an expense he should have to occur when they clearly state epasses are used. Then they have the audacity to put them all in a safety class today and explain how the DAC will effect them if the trucks are not in good DOT condition. Have they looked at their yard and seen the product. At least I have a great job and money is not an issue but I feel terrible for the other 4 that don't have the same luxury, they are so stressed and upset but are not hundreds of miles from home and can't do anything. Now it's day 5 at 5:45pm and still none of them have working trucks to leave with and it's Friday...isn't that awesome. So moral of the story research doesn't always pay off because they are a small company and not enough people have placed complaints I guess. We truly thought we were picking the lesser of evils but I am not sure if there are any worse companies. I will keep everyone updated. The one good thing I can say is they have miles according to all the drivers but at what expense when it comes to the DAC report when your truck is a big piece of ####. Oh, then he finds out from the previous driver of his truck that the bunk heater and ac do not wrk, but my husband said at this point he just needs miles since we have been royally screwed out of money for the entire week. So maybe you had a much better experience but so far he sure hasn't and I don't think the 116.00 for training pay will cover a whole week of lost miles. Also, for anyone who does not have this problem after training they count the hours of training against your 70 hrs, not that it matters for my husband and the others bc they have had more than enough hours I between for a restart, but we have never heard of companies doing this. We just hope this is a fluke because they do have lots of brand new trucks sitting there in the yard but no one new is getting them.

jimo Thanks this.
  8. Truckerwife0203

Mar 22, 2013
  9. mattywhacker

Jan 16, 2013
    tn
    Hey ( truckers wife) , i'm going their in a week, how is the hometime? I only have a few choices of compaines to choose from, I have 2 small babies and enjoy being home on weekends, do they do that for their drivers? I only need more exp, so ill just try and tuff every thing else out, thanks

10. Truckerwife0203

Mar 22, 2013
    Hometime is only 4 days home for 24 out for him. We did not pick them for hometime though. We picked them for low complaints, high miles and great rider policy for me and our daughter. The miles are there according to the drivers but hometime and maintenance of the trucks is apparently not a priority. At this point the drivers are still not out yet and are beyond furious and using major trucker mouths...LOL. I can tell you if Knight is in your area they have a pt position that lets you have a lot of hometime if you want it but you don't keep same truck and the pay is sliding scale and they had a lot of negative reviews for messing with drivers DAC report when they quit so we chose these people whichwe are seeing was a horrible choice and so sad because until day 3 they were so professional and organized and had nice trucks sitting on Atlanta to put drivers in these walking DOT disasters

11. sedain

sedain Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2010
    they have -a lot- of new trucks,infact most of the fleet is newer trucks now (3 yrs and younger)..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.