Starting my career at Millis

Discussion in 'Millis' started by 338-Dark-Knights, Jan 31, 2011.

1. 338-Dark-Knights

338-Dark-Knights Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Not a bridge. L-train on W. Lake St.
    Found a job. 60 hrs/wk.
    $35 per diem and a room while off duty. Requires travel away from family but it keeps the lights on at home. Free travel arangement to and from the job site and a discounted rate on the room if my family comes to visit. Might be a long stay but it's ok, time to set up my DAC and new experience with a different type of cdl truck. Who knows, might relocate after job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    there ya go, DK...... no need to let circumstance or life get you down.... Rock On, bub!!!! Best wishes.....

4. 338-Dark-Knights

Jan 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    To clarify, free travel for me to get there, and once it's over free travel home. I'd be responsible for travel arrangements if I bring the family out.

Might have to start a new thread here for this new leg of my journies. Won't want to confuse the viewers of the future posts with the details of something entirely different than that of Millis.

5. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    What kind of truck will you be driving? You have me curious now.

And congratulations on the new job :)

6. 338-Dark-Knights

Jan 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Well today I made the flight out - a thirty min layover but all in all not bad; lost my blue pairot ear peice charger somewhere in the mix. oh well. I'll have to look up the company and order another. Orentation tomorrow, passed my pee test tonight, and now for bed cause I've been up for 20 HRS i think I might be a bit jet lagged but to the good side. had to adjust for the time zone some how.

7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    stick around here if you want to DK......I think we'd all like to hear about your new job and how you're doing.
    So, where ya at anyway? And what are you doing? Oil fields?

8. 338-Dark-Knights

Jan 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Been in Seattle for almost a week now, sitting in a hotel - paid stay. Paid to sit till this thing goes to strike (yeah, i'm a "scab") but I'm sure I will earn my money come Monday when I have to look over my shoulder every five mins.:biggrin_25524:

9. Crusty

Crusty <b>Just Plain Crusty</b>

May 29, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Scab during a strike. Hummmmmmm. You my be walking on some very soft ground there bud. Good luck and watch you back!

10. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Rent the movie Hoffa

11. old rock n roll

old rock n roll Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Perrysburg, Ohio
    i just wonder if millis is a good co altogether? pay? miles and hometime? rider program? i am an exp driver might be looking elsewhere soon,,,,,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.