Starting my own brokerage

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by ymftb, Apr 1, 2013.

1. CbarM

CbarM Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Irvine, AB
    Explain you very helpful post JayTee...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JayTee

JayTee Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013

What's to explain? If I'm reading this correctly, it seems to me like the OP is all upside down on this deal. Dunno if he/she has any experience, but I would think if they did they would have a book of business in hand and kinda sorta know how to proceed.

I've seem this kinda action before. It takes many years to educate a customer as to why you charge what you do to provide them with the service they depend on, and less than 10 minutes for an uneducated load pimp working out of a phone booth with a handful of quarters and a briefcase to completely destroy a lane. Hope that ain't the case, but it sure sounds like it is.

4. CbarM

CbarM Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Irvine, AB
    I think this guy is new to brokering and is looking to gain experience, but I think its good that hes asking real questions on how to proceed. I agree with PB though that someone new to any industry shouldnt go out on their own at first...go work for someone who ca oversee what you do and help you learn the right way and avoid learning the hard way alot of the time...

5. Kehinde1

Kehinde1 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Good day gentlemen,

I am interested in knowing how I can set up my own brokerage firm here in Toronto.I have browsed the internet but found no clue. Presently I am working as a Logistics Manager for a manufacturing company and have done this for almost three years.

Please can anyone be of help to me?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.