Starting orientation at Western Express March 31st

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by RubenTheTexan, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Merlin969

Merlin969 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    Dang that's sucking. I'm leaving this morning at 10:40 I hope. Supposed to get there at 9 something tonight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RubenTheTexan

RubenTheTexan Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Yea I should be getting there around that time. If you see me, don't be afraid to say hi. Ill be the big guy with a black longhorns hat on and brown work boots

4. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California

Dont worry: you guys will see each other when ya get to the magnusson..... ....good luck to you both

RubenTheTexan Thanks this.
  5. RubenTheTexan

Mar 20, 2014
    Well finally in the hotel room. Simple but it will suffice. Teo beds and a tv at the magnassun.

6. RubenTheTexan

Mar 20, 2014
    Ok well my first day is done. It was long because it included a lot of waiting. Almost all of the staff there was awesome! We did a drug test, road test, physical, reaction test on simulators (fun as heck) and paperwork. Just talking and laughing mostly though. Overall a decent day if you just pay attention, you'll be fine

7. cesar123

cesar123 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Wonder what happened to ruben the texan...did he lasted for a day or got to darn busy drivin thou towns...maybe we hear from him soon....hope he made it.......

8. billzero85

billzero85 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2014
    I'm on the edge of my seat here!!!!! Come on hat happened?!?!?! LOL going to Western Express in June and would love to hear from someone who shared the same outlook beforehand as I do now!

9. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    Whats the outlook that you have?

10. billzero85

billzero85 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2014
    Honestly, just going to maintain a good attitude. Im aware that there will be ups and downs and being new to the industry or soon to be, I don't expect everything to go my way. I'll just take it with a grain of salt like he seemingly has throughout the year. I also share his view on all the negativity being a more prominent presence then positive because people just dont bother to post unless they are pissed off about 90% of the time. I have an open mind on what to expect out there. I'm more than certain based on the incredible amount of reading ive done here that its going to be an experience. I'll make the best out of it. I hooe to make as much money as possible. Ive been making about 400 a week for a while now doing sonething I hate...I wont be pissed making similar to start doing something I like. Im on my cell so I apologize for my typos.

11. RubenTheTexan

Mar 20, 2014
    Hey guys sorry I haven't posted. So I've been with western for about a month now and so far, I have no complaints. My pay is good. My miles are good. I'm averaging 2800 to 3000 miles a week. The only thing I would change though, is the equipment. They run freightliners with only ten speeds. I wish they had 13 for the hills. My truck is governed at 65 mph. Load securement course is really fast so pay attention. Although you will learn on the road. I'm loving flatbed though, I sure get my workouts. If anyone has questions, yu can txt me at 7207894073 or email me rubenmuniz30186@gmail.com.

Puppage and bigpapa7272 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.