Starting Orientation Wednesday...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by AshRae84, Aug 29, 2008.

1. AshRae84

AshRae84 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Hulbert, OK
    Ok, need a little advice... (Again)

I start Orientation with US Xpress on Wednesday. (Oklahoma City Terminal)

I graduated Central Tech (Drumright, OK), they teach how to do a 90 degree back there... My question is, does anyone know what kind of backing you have to do as a recent graduate with USX?

I've never had to do a 45 degree back, and I am unsure about the setup, my fiance is working with me some on it this weekend, but I'm really nervous about it... How harsh on they on these tests for gradautes?

After all I've been through, I really don't want to end up right back where I started...

~*Ash*~

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bikertrash589

bikertrash589 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    this may sound crazy but get a toy truck with trailer and practice your backing you can set up little things to back around it helped me.

4. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    I only had to do a 45 degree back once I solo'd out at my company it was not usxpress.
    But in my oppinion if you can not do a 45 degree back then you will be usless out in the field because there are alot of places that you can not just pull through a parking spot to get into one that you can just pull out of in the am.

I had to do some 45 degree backs at shippers and recivers there are not too many places that you have the luxuary of alot of space to straighten out the truck and trailer in front of the dock.
    I will do a 45 before I will do a 90 in my oppinion I can see more on the 45 back and it seems to be easier for me on the 45.

In truckstops you must be able to back into most of the spots you can not sleep on exit or entrance ramps, on the sides of the highways or interstates it is illegal in most areas.
    There are some rest area parking areas that you can pull into with out doing any backing but those are somewhat limited.
    I had a hard time at first but atleast I was better then most of the swift drivers out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.