Starting Schneider National Dedicated Flex Fleet

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by vipie1992, Dec 21, 2020.

1. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    There is no rules forcing sleep study only rules are if you have taken a sleep study and have been diagnosed with sleep apnea

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    vipie1992 Thanks this.
  4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    if you opted in to insurance you pay ZERO for anything if you are in fact diagnosed with apnea.

machine. supplies , everything on them. its fantastic.

5. vipie1992

vipie1992 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Northwest Louisiana
    I did sign up for benefits but they don't go into effect until the end of next month so if I do have to get a cpap it's gonna come out of my check until insurance kicks in lol.

I'm all hooked up to my test right now, in my truck at the OC in Charlotte. I bring the test back in the morning and we'll see what happens. If I get a cpap maybe then I can make a case to deserve an apu lol.

southtruck Thanks this.
  6. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    they used to provide a loaner machine til ins kicked in. not sure if its still done but they issued a battery setup. 12v with a charger and inverter to. recharge under power if needed. charging on hometime was enough for the week though.

7. vipie1992

Dec 21, 2020
    Northwest Louisiana
    I got some kind of email from sni saying if you have a truck newer than 2015 you don't need the battery setup. I got diagnosed and they sent me on my way with the cpap. I just plugged it into the inverter under my bed and it worked no problem. They said I could also use the 12v on the dashboard but I'm trying to avoid that as long as I can. Apparently the 12v doesn't always give it enough power for the humidifier to work.

As for wearing the thing, it's going to take some getting used to. I did my 4 hours last night but I felt restless wearing it, took it off after 4hrs and slept like a baby.

I think I'm about to get serious about my weight and start shedding it so I don't have to be tied down to this thing for the rest of my life lmao.

8. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    theres a variety of masks. I assume you have a full face, mouth/undrt nose, ovet nose only. nasal pillows.....

google to see the choices

9. vipie1992

Dec 21, 2020
    Northwest Louisiana
    I got the nasal mask because they didn't have the memory foam one in stock. I have a pretty full beard that kept the others from making a good seal. Might look into the memory foam one to see if it's any different.

10. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    thats what I use. VERY comfortable. However I keep the goatee trimmed short to maintain good seal. Doubt with full beard it will seal.

11. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    also you can use any brand mask. the connectors are universal size. Assume SNI still issues Philips Respironics machines.

My dreamstation is fantastic. but I use resmed masks

vipie1992 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.