Starting school at CR England at the end of this month....

Discussion in 'CR England' started by DirtTrackJunkie44, Mar 20, 2014.

1. DirtTrackJunkie44

DirtTrackJunkie44 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Fair Haven, VT
    What is there for other trucking companies that will pay for my CDL & training? Like I said, I dont have the money to come out of pocket or I would.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Yes there are quite a few depending on your location and driving record. Prime inc,central refrigerated,swift, ffe,stevens transport. Funny thing is I was actually about to go with cr england first as well but I did research and changed my mind. Location, location, location, we need to know where you reside sir.

DirtTrackJunkie44 Thanks this.
  4. DirtTrackJunkie44

DirtTrackJunkie44 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Fair Haven, VT
    I reside in Fair Haven VT. Right on the Vermont/New York border.

5. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Here is who I would recommend in order from best to worst.

1) Millis Transfer

1) Watkins Shepard <----tied with for 1st place Millis as they are both great outfits.

2) Roehl

3) Swift

4) Central Refrigerated <----owned by Swift

5) Us Xpress

6) Schneider

7) Stevens Transport

8 ) Werner

9) Western Express <-----worst case scenario

10) CRST

As you see there are many options besides CR England that will train you.

I think Swift pays $450 a week to students.

DirtTrackJunkie44 Thanks this.
  6. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Most companies pay low for training. Its training. The thing is how ling the bs training pay will last and what you make after.
    As for going to a private school, look,some up and talk to them. Most people dont go into trucking because they have loads fo cash. If you can be financed, you'll be mich better off getting in with a good starting carrier instead of a bad one. Of course, in this scenario, swift is far superior to CRE, and swift is the butt of most jokes on here, lol.

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Another victim for CRENGLANDS wall of shame.See ya in a month or so on the bad company forum,lol.

DriverToBroker Thanks this.
  8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    England has lots of negative threads on here ...... Wonder why ?

And what ever you do , don't let anyone talk you into a lease/ purchase deal . You need a few years experience before thinking about what is next....

9. OMC

OMC Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2013
    I see posts all over with people whining like little girls about CRE and how bad they are, well let me say this, every single person that I seen wash out of training, slept in class, was bs'ing with there buddy's and skipped classes to go to Walmart and they stood around on the training range with ear buds in or was to busy talking to listen to the instructors and then they wondered why they didn't get hired or got caned before they finished there OTR training. Every instructor I had contact with was great and would take the time to talk to you if you had questions and by the time I finished training and got my own truck I had a pretty good handle on what and what not to do. And CRE is not that bad of a company to work for, I get home within a couple weeks when I request home time, I have never had to sit around waiting for a assignment and the shortest run I've had in the last year was when I was headed home for a few days and took a load from Portland Or to Seattle Wa

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    How long you been at England?

11. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    US Xpress only does tuition reimbursement. $150 a month.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.