Starting to think about replacing my truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 86scotty, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Like anything money talks… if you have a history with a dealer they’ll order a truck with nothing down. Especially if it’s spec’d correctly because they know they can sell it…….

So Scotty it’s $190K for that Volvo?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Looks that way but that's the only dealer I've gotten a number from. I will soon find out if the dealer that I've spent tens of thousands with in maintenance over the last few years will beat it.

Nothing down would be very nice seeing as how you can be in trucking one day and not in it the next through no fault of your own.

Rideandrepair and Final Drive Thank this.
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    This was a few years ago …

Rideandrepair and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Man, I didn’t realize Volvo’s were so much more expensive the Kenworth aero trucks. Hopefully that other dealer works with you in a much bigger way.

Rideandrepair and Final Drive Thank this.
  6. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Dealer I have great relationship with required 5K down as well. If I wanted I would be able to get the 5K back but I would have to talk to the owner about it. It is in the buyers paper work that shows no refund.

The Electric APU was figured to be 9400 and they will be installing the cab heater with that cost. Found it was cheaper for them to do this and easier for the install. Also upgraded the alternator to 320 AMP. Cost an extra 460 Bucks

7. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Mine fully spec 860 will be $168766 Plus add
    500K 5 Year
    Chassis Plan Warranty $6595
    Engine plan $6782
    Aftertreatment $1425

They are not cheap right now. Was told that Volvo will be adding 4 percent for 2022 builds. They will not add the cost from orders that are falling into 22 because of the strike that ended.

Rideandrepair and 86scotty Thank this.
  8. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I was of that belief too until I learned that Macks also have steel cabs. Full size Mack with fairings and stuff gets close to 19k lbs, not much of a light truck at all tbh.

Rideandrepair and 86scotty Thank this.
  9. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    @midwest, you care to share what KWs are running? I’m sure you spec them well. Do tell if you don’t mind.

10. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Nextran did not require a deposit on my '22 Anthem order. That was back in February, and makes me a repeat customer, if that matters. They don't have any problem selling off unwanted new trucks. They are gone in days, not weeks.

It's not a swanky Volvo, but I don't live in it for weeks on end. We typically do 4-5 day trips and it's fine for that. My new one comes in at $155k with no apu or inverter, but does have a bunk heater and fridge.

Also, If you're an OOIDA member there is a $2000 parts/service reward card program on new Macks. Not shopping for Volvos so didn't look for that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.