Starting TTC-Nashville on 2/16/12

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by flatt, Feb 15, 2012.

1. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Today was a good day, for me, at least. I was a bit concerned about being off for 7 days straight when we got on the field today for backing exercises. No problems for me though.

Tomorrow, possibly having a recruiter from Crete, maybe another company also. Either way, get to practice more tomorrow after that. Getting a bit excited/nervous...only got about 15/16 more days, then graduation!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    The rest of last week...practice practice practice, sprinkled w/a few recruiters. Testing may start next week...almost ready. Gotta keep studying the pretrip, but I think I got it.

Gotta get some sunscreen...sunburnt nose and forehead-not pleasant!:biggrin_25510:

4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    getting close

who r the teachers now

flatt Thanks this.
  5. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Mr. Warren, Mr. Bentley, and Mr. Webb. All good instructors IMO.

6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    the tracher we had would encourage former students to just stop by and tell the class how things were going...

the teachers that replaced him didn't like it when a former students would stop by.....

7. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Mr. Warren and Mr. Bentley, to my knowledge, have both encouraged any of us to come by if possible when finished. Mr. Webb, even being part-time, wouldn't mind either (at least that's my impression). Guess it'd depend on the day a person stops in, idk... If it were me, I'd try to let them know ahead of time.

8. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Been a week full of practice on the driving range. There is a "final" for the class...a full pre-trip inspection presented to one of the instructors (same as what we will do for the state cdl exam). I missed one item-clearance lights on the headerboard of the trailer-and I'd looked right at the stinkin things! LOL.

Practice practice practice...and some more road time, hopefully. Scored an orientation date for 4/30...hopefully everything goes well and then I'm on my way! One week left!

:biggrin_255:

9. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Today: about 45 mins. on-road driving, rest of day spent practicing on the field. 3 days left with testing starting on the 12th! Got a night drive sometime this week; got a few tests/quizzes to finish this week. Ready to get this over with...

:biggrin_255:

10. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    All tests/testing: finished and passed! Night drive: completed! Graduation: 4/20! First company orientation: 4/30! Let 'er roll!

:biggrin_25524::biggrin_25523:

11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    great news, who you going with...?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.