Starting TTC-Nashville on 2/16/12

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by flatt, Feb 15, 2012.

1. irish16lep

irish16lep Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Fort Campbell, KY
    Hey this is pretty cool. I plan on going when I can. Either I'm going to take leave time while I'm still in the Army or do it when I get out in a couple years. I called them the other day and they were very helpful on what I need to get and do to start.

flatt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Set-up to do orientation @ Crete. Hopefully everything will go well.

4. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    They (the group @ TTC Nashville) are a good group to work with and are, IMO, very helpful. If you have the time for the class, I would recommend the course to anyone interested. While the length may be a put-off to some, it works for others. And cost should be in no way an issue, as they request/require you to file for financial aide.

The instructors are working on expanding the class and improving/upgrading the driving range/equipment, so if that goes thru, it'll help out even more by expanding how many students can get thru there.

:biggrin_2556: :biggrin_255:

5. irish16lep

irish16lep Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Fort Campbell, KY

sweet deal i will keep them in mind definetly then

flatt Thanks this.
  6. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Well, tomorrow's the day: graduation. Then, in a week, going to orientation @ Crete.

7. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Done! Let's go!

8. billy in nashville

billy in nashville Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Nashville,TN.
    congrats flatt,
    I graduated in the class before you. I went with TransAm as a company driver and finished training. I have had my truck for 2 weeks now and finally back in Nashville for a few days off. Those guys at TTCN are a good bunch of guys.

9. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    I have to agree, billy. They are a good bunch. Enjoy that time off. I got one more week to wrap things up here @ home, then I'm off for orientation @ Crete.

10. jmthomas

jmthomas Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    Thank you guys for all the information you provided regarding TTC. I live in Nashville but will be attending school in June at the Shelbyville Campus. I'm looking forward to it!

11. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Hi jmthomas! Make sure that, if you have a company in mind after completion of school, they take students from the Shelbyville program. That's what influenced my decision to go w/the Nashville school vs. the Shelbyville school. I found more co's with Nashville on their "approved schools" list, not as many w/Shelbyville. My understanding, the two are not one and the same with differences in the curriculum. Cost is pretty much the same tho. Not tryin to be a cheerleader for TTCN, just passin on my experience.

Whichever way you go, best of luck!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    jmthomas Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.