Starting with CRST in December

Discussion in 'CRST' started by TruckingPeter, Oct 31, 2014.

1. EnigmaGal

EnigmaGal Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2012
    NY
    :biggrin_2556: Uh, not for a newbie...Suck it up...you'll make the .22cpm, and starve. Go to any truck stop, and see how many CRST trucks are sitting there. Illinois, Texas, Oregon, psssshhht... The tuition reimbursement is giving your soul to them for 8 months. Feel lucky??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GottaKnow

GottaKnow Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Okay well who do you drive for? Is the pay that much better? Do they take students??

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Read more. Not hard to figure out.

I work for Swift. best carrier in the 54 states and canada !!!!!!!

5. TruckingPeter

TruckingPeter Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2014
    Lol... I'll be one of the 20th... I been through hell and back. This is how I see it, the worst the company the better. I like a challenge! And I'm only doing doing CRST to gain a years experience and move the hell on... I'm a tough cookie... Hard times get me excited.

6. Sik_Life

Sik_Life Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Saint Albans, WV
    Wouldn't it be easier to start out with a better company? I mean why go to one of the worst of the worst if you can avoid it right? I'll admit you do look pretty gangster but still.

jgarciajr40 and Shaggy Thank this.
  7. TruckingPeter

Oct 31, 2014
    Because there are not many options to choose from, here in Miami. I only want a years experience, I don't care how bad everyone makes the company sound, I'm in it to win it. Excited and ready. Leaving towards Jacksonville on December 22nd

8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I dont know why you are asking then, Your attitude is exactly what they are looking for. OK as a training company. PRIME pays more. Biggest problem with CRST is Forced per diem, 32 cents breaks down to 22 mileage pay, 10 per diem minus the 2 cents per mile they charge you for your payroll.

In the 9 months my son worked for CRST he averaged about 400 per week, some week more less 14,000 in the 9 months.

Do what you want, youve decided already. My son now works for Valley Bulk out of Victorville CA, 26.5 percent which has bee averaging 200 per day, plus 20 bucks for everynite spent in the sleeper. 5 days on 2 days off.

He also choose CRST over my suggestions, and his recommendation is CRST only if you have a friend to join with for a codriver.

9. TruckingPeter

Oct 31, 2014
    Nice... Well to update this thread. I'm currently in Jacksonville attending JTech Institude... The school is top notch! A lot of people on the forum complain about the schools crst puts you in but JTech is teaching me everything there is know about trucking! And for a crash course is ####### awesome training! I'll be heading towards Oklahoma City IA after this for orientation with CRST! So far no complaints at ALL! I'm very glad I didn't let all other negative comments steer me off track! Always go with your gut feeling! CRST is great!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. DocHoof

DocHoof Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2014
    EVERY company is great to start for...JB Hunt, Schneider, Swift, Knight or whatever other "new driver farm" you sign on with...its the STAYING that gets difficult. Most carriers will "pick up the turd by the clean end" when you are applying and during your orientation. After working for them for 6 months, you begin to realize that A TURD DOES NOT HAVE A CLEAN END!!!

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you decide to leave CRST, look at Florida Beauty Express in Miami. They run teams and one new driver they recently hired right out of CDL school posted his first paycheck was $1700.00 gross. Anyway, you're doing good so far, keep up the hard work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.