Starting with J. Grady Randolph on Monday.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MarineVet32935, Jan 29, 2009.

1. truckstar

truckstar Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2011
    chicago
    hey marine vet about the drug test all they wanted you to do was piss in a cup? seems everybody wants to go the extra mile these days drawing blood and pulling hair

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MarineVet32935

MarineVet32935 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Travelers Rest, SC
    Just a piss test, when I started. Haven't had a followup since.

4. MarineVet32935

Jan 9, 2009
    Travelers Rest, SC
    Coming up on 3 years with JGR. Still a good company to drive for, but there hasn't been a cost of living raise since I started. Just the annual raises. When I started, their pay was great, for the industry. Now, it's on the low side. But, since I haul a lot of tire loads, it's okay. They pay 8 cpm more on these.

LVS OPERATOR Thanks this.
  5. GTR SILVER

GTR SILVER Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2009
    jersey city,nj

What company did you start out with in flatbed?........ I'm thinking about PGT ...they want me to go to school for a refresher.(have a class A since '07 but I've been doing only B work locally)

Thanks in advance. :biggrin_25519:

6. LVS OPERATOR

LVS OPERATOR Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Starting with J Grady Randolph Monday

7. MarineVet32935

Jan 9, 2009
    Travelers Rest, SC
    I'll go over five years with JGR in February. We finally got not one, but two raises, 3 cpm last year and another 1 cpm this past July 1st. New drivers start at 40 cpm, with an extra 5 cpm on the tire loads, with annual 1 cpm increases, to five years. Also, our guarantee pay was raised to $700 a week. Last year, we started replacing our aging fleet. We now have over 100 International Proliners, no more than two years old.

We still have the option of OTR or local. When local work is slow, drivers can go to one of our other locations and work, or switch to OTR. You can switch back and forth any time and if you need to be home daily for an extended period, the company will work with you.

The Challenger and 1catfish Thank this.
  8. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    does your company have forced per deim, or idiling limits? how about tolls and fuel stops? thanks in advance.......:biggrin_2558:

9. fair deal

fair deal Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    nc
    i talked to them last nov and forgot reason i turned them down.may give them a call and see what they offer now.

10. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i talked to a person the other day. and the woman told me i could opt out of the per deim if i wanted to but she sounded like why would you want to do that.and when i asked about ezpass. she said i guess we could give you and advance.........for what. so your truck and freight can operate and create revenue. the only thing the money in my pocket is for is personel buisness..o well....

11. MarineVet32935

Jan 9, 2009
    Travelers Rest, SC
    No forced per diem. If you don't take it, you get an extra $15 per day. Most drivers who drive mostly local, don't take the per diem, because they'd owe taxes on the amount not taxed, if they're not on the road. We're normally routed around toll roads, even if it means longer routing. A lot of our loads can't run on toll roads, anyway. We fuel primarily on the yard, then at Pilot, with a fuel card.

EZPass costs money and since we rarely go through toll booths and oversize loads are required to stop at weigh stations, regardless of a green light, we did away with them four years ago. On the rare occasions we do have to go through a toll, drivers pay it in cash and are reimbursed. Same will all other expenses, that might come up, like faxed permits, windshield cleaner and so on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.