Starting with J. Grady Randolph on Monday.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MarineVet32935, Jan 29, 2009.

1. MarineVet32935

MarineVet32935 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Travelers Rest, SC
    Depends on where you live. We only hire close to our terminals and all trucks stay on the yard, when not on the road. Starting pay is 38 cpm, with a 2 cpm raise after 90 days and annual 1 cpm increases to a 45 cpm max. Cost of living increases will raise those amounts, when needed. An additional 5 cpm is paid on tire loads, out of Lexington, SC, mostly going to the western states. OTR drivers have an average length of haul of 2000+ miles. Local drivers are paid round trip, with occasional backhauls paid at your regular rate, on top of the round trip pay. In other words, you'd get regular pay outbound and double pay, coming back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. saddlesore

saddlesore Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2011
    The Great NorthWet
    Hey guy!
    hope to catch you on the road and shoot the breeze a bit about new "Daseke" stuff.. I drive for SPD and do the OD super loads for them.
    Would really be interesting to get drivers from SPD, E.W Wiley, J.G. Randolf, & Central Oregon Truck together for a round table.

Weeble Kneeble Thanks this.
  4. Weeble Kneeble

Weeble Kneeble Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    That would be interesting. Quad driver for COTC.

5. MarineVet32935

Jan 9, 2009
    Travelers Rest, SC
    That would be interesting. But, you probably know as well as I, just getting two drivers in the same place, at the same time, is difficult. Many of our drivers are on facebook. If you are, send me an add. Wayne Stinnett in Travelers Rest, SC.

6. saddlesore

Dec 30, 2011
    The Great NorthWet
    Gott 'er Done I did!
    S.A."Red" B.

7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
  8. saddlesore

Dec 30, 2011
    The Great NorthWet
    He seems to be doing good, see his posts on FB..and found out He's an author of several books, haven't read any of them yet but will..Ordered "Fallen Hunter" on Amazon

9. MarineVet32935

Jan 9, 2009
    Travelers Rest, SC
    Still with JGR. Not a lot has changed since Daseke bought us out. Well, we got a bunch of brand new trucks and trailers, but outside of that everything's the same. Thanks for buying my book, Saddlesore, but you really ought to read Fallen Palm first. Much of Hunter won't make sense read out of order.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  10. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Wayne,

I'll order one and if its as good as I think its gonna be, ill order the other. How long have you been an author???

KH

11. MarineVet32935

Jan 9, 2009
    Travelers Rest, SC
    Depends on how you define author. I started writing over 30 years ago, but only published my first novel last year based on short stories from the '80's. I now have two published, both in the top 10 for the genre on Amazon, and will publish the third in the series some time next month.

Palm Thumbnail.jpg Hunter Thumbnail.jpg Pride Thumbnail.jpg

Iron Mover and Weeble Kneeble Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.