Starting with Millis 3/4/19 Trenton OH

Discussion in 'Millis' started by navajo, Nov 27, 2018.

1. CornStalk

CornStalk Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Midwest
    I’m glad u came in here to set the record straight, I just started reading this thread and after all the info from SJ’s thread I found the info in this thread hard to believe and figured it was from disgruntled employees past or present.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Ya if you could go back thru and read a history of the Indiana guys posts they are mostly bad mouthing Millis. Yet he hasnt worked here in years. The other guy PM'd me awhile back bout some problems he was having here. I told him how to handle them, but never heard back. Not every company works for everyone I understand that. But the crap bout the cameras and such is pure bs. As a rookie yes the camera is on. But after 1 yr it gets turned off. I've covered my lens with nothing said as have several others I've talked to.

4. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Keep recruiting Keen, you’re a millis man and that’s fine.
    However, more than one person has received a message after covering a camera that is “off”.
    As for your miles add up statement, that is categorically incorrect. Long runs make a driver profitable, not 400 mile runs.
    I will stand by my statement, they are a great starter company, but you are not a family, never will be.
    Short runs suck, always will, and waiting on a load sucks as well. Not to mention your paycheck. You are a trainer and trainers take load priority at Millis.
    The training was great there, however, my trainer died in January ordering dinner I believe, at the Richfield terminal.
    Yes, .42 cpm to start as a trainee is awesome, hence why I stated do not take per diem as they will lose out on that .10 cpm while they pay back their tuition. It all adds up.

5. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Being a trainer has nothing to do with it. My 1st yr here when I wasnt training I still cleared over 60k.

And your wrong. Say its Monday 8am freight comes out. You're given a 950mile load doesnt deliver till Weds morn at 8am. But I'm given a 500 mile load that delivers Tuesday morn, and follow it up with a 600 mile load that delivers Weds morn....who got more miles by Weds morn the long run or the short runs???? Run your hours and shkrt loads can be profitable. Long runs have more lead time on them its not rocket science. But thats ok I'll keep taking those shorter runs and keep out running you guys who only see BIG numbers on the load info and think their getting ahead.

Waiting on loads happen. Again you have 70hrs to run in 8days. If you sit and wait 1 day it just means you have hours to run a different day. Learn to deliver at the right times, and you very rarely wait. Yes it happens but its not that big of deal and doesn't happen every day.

6. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    And being on per diem yiu bring home more per week than guys on straight pay plain and simple. Ive done both and on straight pay brought home over $400 less in a month than when i was on per diem. Doesn't matter if your in training or not. More taxes equals less bring home.

7. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    And if they covered the camera and gkt a msg its because they didnt have their year in, or they did but had safety something that meant their camera wasn't supposee to be off. Plain and simple. Truckers like to tell stories and not take responsibility for their own actions and blame everyone else.. Just like whats happening here

8. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Hilarious.
    So if you get in a accident or cross the double yellow Millis doesn’t have the camera on the driver to see what happened ?
    Glad you’re happy tho and had a couple good months to start the year. I’d challenge the 100K statement but why bother. You must have the unicorn dispatcher.

9. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Like i said I've had tape covering my lens and nothing has been said to me and other drivers Ive talked to.

And challenge all you want. I made $84,000 this yr and didnt have a student in Jan, Feb, or July. And I had 3 weeks off unpaid during the year. So if i keep a student in my truck the rest of the year like I plan on, and dont have 3 wks unpaid again due to deaths, add that with the 6cent pay raise that we got in Nov and the yearly raise I get in May and I should be #### close to $100k. But you're right i must have a unicorn dispatcher.....

10. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Keen, you're an excellent recruiter. You recruited me off this site last September. What gets lost in translation is you speak from someone who has 3-4 years of experience w the company. Your numbers also reflect trainer pay and we should be honest... Trainers w students in their trucks get cherry picked the best loads. Millis has too because they are paying $1.00+/mile to cover both drivers. I had excellent miles w my trainer who has over a million miles w Millis. He showed me his December earnings statement and unlike you, he didn't make 80K. This is a guy that religiously takes off 3 days every 3 weeks out and 1 week at Christmas.
    Your stance regarding Millis speaks to seasoned Millis drivers only. You don't mention the fact that what I say regarding the cameras for first year students is True, True, True. If you're running w tape on your cam that an anomaly and not the way I've seen or heard anyone have their cam set up.
    Sure, if you want to live in a truck, rarely go home, and hardly see your family, you can make 60K your first year but prepare to run short hauls, lots of sitting, and being 20th on the list like I have been waiting on a load. Dispatch is the weak link to the company.
    On the other hand, maybe I'm looking at it all wrong... Maybe I should blow smoke, drink the kool aid, and be the company man you are... It seems to be working for you.

11. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    I made 60k+ my 1st yr here working 2.5 wks and home for 5 or 6 days. You dont have a clue what you're talking about. Coming from an experienced perspective?? My students all seem to be happy and running miles and they arent trainers. So you tell me is it me getting the "best" loads or is it maybe something you were doing???? Im home more now than i was my 1st yr and I made just under $84k this yr so again you have no idea what you're talking bout. I dont live in this truck.

Lazy truck drivers are the weak link to this company.

Ive got 8 guys all in their own truck and they all are happy. So maybe look in the mirror. Just another driver who blames everybody else for his issues. A Millis terminal warrior.

Im done wasting my time with you You think you know everything already and you dont have a clue

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Highlander1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.