Starting with Schneider bulk

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Juanthehumanoid, Dec 11, 2017.

1. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Day 4 done. Met the regional manager and was told I will be here tomorrow for automatic training.

Will spend a few hours learning how to drive an auto the Schneider way then do another road test but this time in an auto.

Fingers crossed I get a manual but the powers that be might drop me in an auto.

TaterFox Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TaterFox

TaterFox Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Ashland City, TN
    In my limited auto experience, just mind they seem to pull (accelerate) way slower than if you were stickin' it.

4. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Fantastic to hear this @newbietrucker91 and good luck @TaterFox . Where to begin. We broke down in Gary Indiana from the night of the 31st to the 2nd at 9 30 pm. Our load back to Houston was at 8pm for a live load so we were given a load in the morning to Wisconsin by the lake Michigan we get there and unload the nalco load and head back to Chicago to pick up the empty, it's partially frozen. We get it heated up and go to get loaded, get loaded by 1am and fall asleep in the customer drive way. Spent yesterday driving about 9hours, some wrecks on i55 and traffic as a result, the same engine code comes on again and we make it west Memphis Arkansas. Trailer has a leak, it's fixed now, and the tractor is currently in shop, it's 3am, should be ready ina couple hours. From there it's another 550 miles back to Schneider terminal in Houston. I am a little upset that I'm not home by now, but it's not that big of a deal honestly. Every trailer and trip something has occurred that has delayed us, be it loads, wait times and more than anything faulty equipment. But all this has been 100 percent a fantastic journey with real world expectations and problems. I am glad to have experienced this so that when I encounter them I'll know what to do. So far it's been a great journey and my trainer is in a manual. I am a regional driver but really should have been otr looking at it. But that's okay, we'll see what The future holds.

newbietrucker91 Thanks this.
  5. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Based on previous stories from other SNI guys. If you can handle your first year at SNI, you can handle anything, anywhere. Spend that year learning and perfecting your techniques to be a safe and proficient chemical professional. After that, the sky is the limit. Even if you get discouraged, talk with other drivers and learn what their companies do. The liquid market is extremely varied. Even though we may haul the same product, HOW we do so may be vastly different and what works for me and makes me happy may piss off everyone else. Just keep that in mind when your ready to throw the keys across the parking lot.

6. TaterFox

TaterFox Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Ashland City, TN
    Well, I fly out to Houston next weekend. Just had to sort out some things, but should be golden. I'm eager to learn and get edumacated.

7. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    And edumcated you shall be

TaterFox Thanks this.
  8. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Many thanks and will do. I accept these things and am determined to see this through.

TaterFox Thanks this.
  9. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    I'm getting a rental car to pick up my truck in Dallas. Don't have to be there till Monday so I'm home relaxing for now.

Juanthehumanoid and TaterFox Thank this.
  10. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Congratulations rest well

TaterFox Thanks this.
  11. Juanthehumanoid

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    Well after the break down when ready west Memphis we finally got fixed and ready to roll around 12-1pm ish. Drove the next 560 miles to Houston (not on my own of course lol) reached Houston at 1am dropped trailer for relay at terminal and am taking a dump down the flying J as of rn. Tomorrow is some paper work and were done. Despite all the little problems I am grateful and happy to be here 100%

TaterFox Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.