States...???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by acw, Dec 10, 2007.

1. acw

acw Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Florida
    Do Drivers make more money up north....or does it matter?

I was talking to a driver who had worked in NJ...and now is in Fla....and he can't make near the money he made up north.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

If you are willing/able to stay and run in the Northeast corridor, then you will typically make more money. A prime example is Heartland, they pay a Northeast bonus for drivers who will run there. Or Rainman, he hauls cars and stays on the east coast (mostly) and has said it's possible to make a heck of a lot each week.

4. 2xR

2xR Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Ol' North State
    The roads and traffic are horrible. The nice folks who live and work North of the Mason-Dixon line are a bit harsh and pushy, probably because they're living jammed together and have to fight for every inch life has to offer. All those people living atop one another causes a lot of crime to deal with. It ain't pretty and most drivers tend to shy away from the area, thus companies are willing to ante up a bit more to those who are willing to venture to the region.

If you are a person with better than average driving skills, better than average people skills, and tons of patiences you can do okay running the NE corridors.

I gave up a Carolina to SE Texas run in exchange for a Carolina to Beantown turn around. It is a lot less miles and the pay is about the same. I see Hartford, da' Bronx, the Jersey pike, and reload weekly in Philadelphia. There are about half a dozen different ways to run the trip, too. I never get bored.

Most Yankee food sux and is expensive, but I pack my own so it's not an issue. I also try not to spend money in NJ, NY, CT, and MA because of their Anti-Trucker, no idleing laws. Just another personal challenge of operating in this part of the country.

2xR is beginng to miss "mudbug stew" and other Cajun delights. :yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.