Status cheated me! How can I get my money back?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by kennyvcobb, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kennyvcobb

kennyvcobb Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2014
    I leased to status for more than 3 years. At first they were really not bad company. I left them last year then I joined another company for two months. I found I cannt earn money in the new company, so I came back to status again.
    This year trucking is not good. Status is getting worse. Every week I had to stay in the parking lot a lot and waited for a load. Anyway, I found they ARE CHEATING !!
    The DM called me to offer a load from NM to ID, he told me it paid 2200; I told him no way to do this load. He just pushed me and latter he told me the broker agreed to pay more. They will pay 2500, I agreed to pick up the load. And he sent me rate confirmation . It is 2500. And I was only 2 miles away from pick up place. Al these happend after 12.So I delivered this load. But serval weeks later , my wife called me and told me status cut 400 cause I delayed to pick up a load.So we called status they told me that broker cut the pay. I told the there is no reason that I delay since I was only 2 miles away. So they said they will give me a solution and they will negotiate with the broker. And no reply for serval weeks again.
    I left status cause some reasons. And I was too busy. Recently I found the rate confirmation and called the found status lied! The contract was signed at 8:03 am. And how can they changed the rate after 12? I believe that the original pay is 2500, but they hide the money and tried to pay me 2200, then they can get 300 more! So I called the broker, the broker told me that status got the load in the morning and she paid 2100 cause I pick up in the afternoon. She told status the driver had to pick up in the morning. At that time I even didn't know I got this load. When they offered me the load , they already knew the broker would only pay 2500-400=2100 cause late. And they knew I won't accept 2100 to run this load. So they cheated me to pick up this load then hope I won't remerber this whole story then wait longer enough to cut my pay.
    They just such a group of liars!
    How can I get my 400 back?thank you

T
    Status is in FL.this is another driver post about this bad company!
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...ds/status-transport-florida-stay-away.218928/

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Its $400... cut your losses and move on.

4. kennyvcobb

Jan 10, 2014
    I did nothing wrong. Why lose my money? And they are liars!

5. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Its new mexico to Idaho at 2100, #### happens.

6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Well then, call a lawyer and pay them $500. They will send a letter. It might go to court. Pay court fees if you lose, if you win Collect money.

7. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    At $2/mi...I'm not sure what your fuss is all about? That's an easy run, especially this time of year.

8. kennyvcobb

Jan 10, 2014
    I need dead head a lot. 2 for a flat isn't too much. Especially they cut 400.

9. lots of character

Aug 12, 2015
    You got three good years out of them too...

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Maybe the US Marshals can help....

11. lots of character

Aug 12, 2015
    Walker Texas ranger would be a better start

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.